• 2(current)
[PATCH] Deinterlacing support for DXVA2 accelerated playback
Patch updated, detection is now primarly based on DXVA2 device GUID and only if no known GUIDs are found, then detection falls back to original method. NV12 is preferred now over YV12 to enable vector adaptive deinterlacing for Ati cards.
Thumbs Up 
Nice !

Running smooth on Intel Core i3 540 with Dreambox-Streaming.

Many thanks !

Cheers Raptylos Smile
That is really good to hear. Smile Now I try to look into how to enable DXVA deinterlacing on all kind of material (even software decoded) because at least in theory it shall be possible because decoding and processing are two separate steps, but processing is currently only used for DXVA decoded content. Unfortunately I have very little/no DXVA (and video processing) knowledge, but I try to improve myself in this area. Smile

Any ideas/suggestions where to look at is welcome.
alanwww1 Wrote:I created a build with the interlace patch for testing:

http://jkft.info/xbmc/Winbuilds/XBMCSetu...tch-dx.exe

Thanks alanwww1. Works great on win7 + ATI Radeon HD 5670

Did you create build with latest ■dxva-deinterlace_v4.diff
patch ?
If i'll have time i do a build. Probably in the weekend.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smile 
Hi Everybody,

I just got my Aspire 522 netbook(amd fusion c-50) for htpc use and tried XBMC for first time and it works great with DXVA2 acceleration. Only problem for me is lack of deinterlacing when using DXVA2. I googled about it and found this thread which encouraged me to get sources for XBMC 10.1 release version and I got it to build quite easily. Then I went forward to patch 10.1 sources with these patches which resulted in bunch of conflicts. Is there any straight forward way to apply this patch to dharma branch source code?

Cheers Ville!
nope. you have to work out the conflicts by hand.
wow, exactly what i was looking for, would it be a huge effort to compile with PVR addons (Mediaportal) ?

cause then i finally could switch back to windows version again ...

tested sample .ts files SDTV, HDTV 1080i, all runs perfect with 50 fps Big Grin
I installed the build from above..

GOOD NEWS :

- Deinterlacing works great for DXVA content!

BAD NEWS :

- "17:10:54 T:4972 M:2485157888 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, 0/smb://<etc>"

For every file on smb in my media library with this build and my mysql media library. Also, this build upgraded my schema to version 46, so none of the other boxes in the house work either. This is.. somewhat inconvenient.. as even builds from a few days ago are not on db schema version 46.

I understand this was my foolish mistake for installing a testing build, but this issue almost seems unrelated? alanwww1, hope you come back and save me/us (I saw a guy on another thread using your build with the same issue, apparently) soon! Big Grin

Other than the above, this patch rocks!!

=darwin
Couldn't get 10.1 patched but I made patched build from Master branch which works great on amd c-50. Options are little strange (Auto select, Bob(odd), Bob(even), [empty], [empty]). Those string are not exact. There is at least two selections without text and I thought that amd would support something more than just BOB.
I made a build with patch_4. The patch did not apply cleanly to the latest git so i had to modify it like this:

http://pastebin.com/JnuPbRPw

Binary:

http://jkft.info/xbmc/Winbuilds/XBMCSetu...patch4.exe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
vhusso Wrote:Couldn't get 10.1 patched but I made patched build from Master branch which works great on amd c-50. Options are little strange (Auto select, Bob(odd), Bob(even), [empty], [empty]). Those string are not exact. There is at least two selections without text and I thought that amd would support something more than just BOB.

You have to copy english strings.xml from your build directory, then those two options will display ”Best available”. With that selected the patch will use the best quality deinterlacer reported by the video hardware.

The actual deinterlacer selected can be checked in the log if you turn on debug logging.
darwin: I´m 99% sure, that the problem you are experiencing is not related to the patch.
a11599 Wrote:darwin: I´m 99% sure, that the problem you are experiencing is not related to the patch.

Well, I installed the new patched version and it works, so you are likely right. Smile

=darwin
i tested now this patch with 3 builds

xbmc source, opdenkamp source (setup.xml fail to patch), margo source

xbmc source testfiles played just fine, but no PVR additions
opdenkamp source here pvr mediaportal only works with local mediaport installed,
playback is ... well, only sdtv seems stable to run at 50fps, hdtv very choppy and
when channel list is open frames dropping to 10 fps
margo source mediaportal pvr addon works also remotely, playback seems best but
also still lotsa playback issues on hdtv, 720p and 1080i, both sometimes play fine,
sometimes not, not really easy to reproduce, applying the patch here didnt result
in any errors but when i check my git tree here i see some failed compiles from vs.

/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/dvdplayer.cpp
/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/dvdcodecs/video/dxva.cpp
/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/dvdcodecs/video/dxva.h
/xbmc/cores/videorenderers/rendermanager.cpp
/xbmc/cores/videorenderers/winrenderer.cpp
/xbmc/settings/videosettings.h
/xbmc/video/dialogs/GUIDialogVideoSettings.cpp
/xbmc/language/english/string.xml

they all have this error mark in all builds

all those are marked red, no idea what this means Wink may helps
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help