• 3(current)
[PATCH] Deinterlacing support for DXVA2 accelerated playback
Hello.

I test normal mpeg2 .ts files deinterlacing.

Intel i3: No problem, and that is really awesome.

Ati hd5770: No Dxva, and that is problem Smile How i can eneble hardware deinterlacing with ati and mpeg2 file?
darwin Wrote:BAD NEWS :

- "17:10:54 T:4972 M:2485157888 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, 0/smb://<etc>"

For every file on smb in my media library with this build and my mysql media library. Also, this build upgraded my schema to version 46, so none of the other boxes in the house work either. This is.. somewhat inconvenient.. as even builds from a few days ago are not on db schema version 46.

This is related to an issue with the MySQL library DB update on one of the nightlies from March 17:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96938
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97124

Fix is in that thread.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
This doesn't allow me to play VC1 encoded 1080i content on mkv files. Not sure if that was ever the point though...
If you're running DXVA2 it should...
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
alturismo Wrote:i tested now this patch with 3 builds

Well, if those files have failed, then the patch has not been successfully applied, so no wonder you are experiencing erratic behavior. The patch was meant for git master and not PVR builds. I do not have PVR hardware and neither am I interested in PC based PVR functionality to be honest. Blush
piipes Wrote:Ati hd5770: No Dxva, and that is problem Smile How i can eneble hardware deinterlacing with ati and mpeg2 file?

Ati officially doesn't have mpeg-2 bitstream decoding support. There are registry hacks to enable this, but I have not seen any success reports. Sad

If I have the time I will look into how to provide DXVA deinterlacing for software decoded material, but I am quite busy lately.
a11599 Wrote:Ati officially doesn't have mpeg-2 bitstream decoding support. There are registry hacks to enable this, but I have not seen any success reports. Sad

If I have the time I will look into how to provide DXVA deinterlacing for software decoded material, but I am quite busy lately.

Ok, thanks if you have time for that.
Now i can't play any dvb recording with xbmc and ati.
a11599 Wrote:Ati officially doesn't have mpeg-2 bitstream decoding support.
We have: Win7, ATI HD 5550 and the film is encoded MPEG-2
I tried using the decoder "CyberLink.Combo.Decoder.v1.0.1930". If it specify DXVA - that MPC-HC uses hardware acceleration and works correctly interlacing. Means supported DXVA on ATI Wink
whoha, nice thread.

Does this patch work in Linux with VAAPI + XBMC too?
a11, amazing work. However, it's still no beuno on my end, even with the most recent patch build. Trying a VC-1 1080i, in a .m2ts container. Stupid question, but I don't have to uninstall the old Dharma build, do I? I can just install right over it? That wouldn't effect it?

Also, getting an error on the main menu:

Error
Script Failed! : RecentlyAdded.py
Same error here. Which is the most recent patched build?
Tried deleting the entire library as well, and uninstalled the entire thing from scratch, just in case. No change.
The RecentlyAdded.py error has nothing to do with this patch.

Please turn on debug logging and post it to pastebin (and a link here) while playing your VC-1 interlaced material. I don't have any VC-1 material to test.
I also uploaded my own installer build. Link in my signature.
Here you go. Let me know if I can do anything else.

http://pastebin.com/nQc6qdgr
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Deinterlacing support for DXVA2 accelerated playback3