Banners being used instead of poster art
I have this problem in all the skins I've tested where instead of Poster art, the skin displays the banner art, either cropped or squished. Anyone else have this problem? The art was scraped by xbmc; should I rerun the scrape, or use something like EMM?
Sounds like banners are being scraped when you're using poster view. Depending on the skin you can switch between the two. If you use a media manager you can scrape only posters or banners and that would instantly solve your issue
I may have been in banner view when I scraped. Are you telling me that what xbmc downloads as the thumbnail depends on the skin's view? Do I have to switch back to poster view and rescrape?

Why does this video show the person switching between banners and posters just fine?
Goto settings when setting content (left of OK button) and check posters. Very bad decision, IMHO, that banners are default setting.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

same issue.. unresoved with me
uryu_ishida Wrote:I may have been in banner view when I scraped. Are you telling me that what xbmc downloads as the thumbnail depends on the skin's view? Do I have to switch back to poster view and rescrape?

Why does this video show the person switching between banners and posters just fine?

Try a different skin. Some skins use different files with different naming conventions to display the art.

For example, I use Cirrus Extended and I can switch between all view types without getting cropped/distorted images.

How do you set this up?

Set XBMC to scan for poster images.
Open Cirrus Extended and go to the skin settings selection.
At the bottom there is an option for Cirrus Extended Settings
Run the Logo Downloader script.
This script will search you tv show directory and then download appropriate images from thetvdb.com. It will download banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, clearart.png, logo.png. Then you can switch between any view you like without conciquence.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Run the Logo Downloader script.
This script will search you tv show directory and then download appropriate images from thetvdb.com. It will download banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, clearart.png, logo.png.

I think of those listed, only banner.jpg comes from thetvdb.com the rest come from fanart.tv Wink

Back on topic could it be a caching issue?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
As said some posts before, the tvdb scraper is set to fetch banners by default. Just set it to poster and the scraper will search for posters. If this solution doesn't resolve your problem you can at least press "i" on the selected tvshow and press "get thumb" and choose the poster you want. For season posters, press"c" on the selected / highlighted season and choose the season thumb you want.
oh, the scraper is set to banners? I didn't get that from the previous posts, thanks for the clarification
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banners being used instead of poster art0