xbmc shutting down on AppleTV after 5 mins
I have just installed an Apple TV gen2 and successfully added xbmc that was running smoothly until last night when the ATV updates started coming out. Now xbmc will start showing a TV show and then stop and cut back to the Apple TV menu after about 4 or 5 mins. Any suggestions?
Thanks
This just started happening to me tonight too. I was streaming from IceFilms and Fastpasstv, and I thought it was a problem with the stream cutting out, but then I played a video from my local network and it cut out to the Apple TV menu again. I unplugged the puck and rebooted (I had had it in sleep mode when I wasn't using it, so it hadn't been fully shut down in a while), and the videos lasted a bit longer before cutting out and back to the Apple TV menu.

I tried re-installing XBMC, but the problem persisted.

Help!

edit:

Just wanted to add that I did get the message that there were new ATV updates, but I didn't accept them. Does Apple update or change something anyway? I hope this doesn't go the way of the iPhone unlocks/jailbreaks where we have to wait for the jailbreak team to come out with a new one.
maybe if you had posted in the correct place, you would see the other posts about this very same thing.
Install updatebegone from nitoTV and everything is fine again.
davilla Wrote:maybe if you had posted in the correct place, you would see the other posts about this very same thing.

Why not just point people in the right direction?

And thanks OP as I have same issue and if you had not mentioned it I would have been searching and searching Wink
zad3717 Wrote:Why not just point people in the right direction?

I do, for the 1st ten or so times, then I get tired of being a search bitch for others Smile
Furry muff then Smile
Hey Davilla...thanks for the redirect. Us newbies need a friend Smile Maetrik thanks for the fix. I'll give it a go tonight. HEY ! It's the weekend... everyone have a good one !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc shutting down on AppleTV after 5 mins0