[ATV2] Updated to new iOS - Big mistakey
Hey guys. I restored my ATV2 tonight thinking that some tinkering I had done was the cause of my frequent crashes. Apparently, I was having the same problem alot of you seemed to have been getting with the update requests from the server.

Problem is, when I restored with iTunes, I got the new version of iOS and now jailbreaking with greenpois0n seems fruitless. I've done it about 4 times in a row now, with no addition of nitoTV to the menu. It looks like Apple has killed my sweet media machine Sad

Is there ANY way for me to revert to the previous version of iOS?
My guess is that you will need to wait for a new Greenpoison release... I thought I read somewhere they were almost ready to release... But rule one of jailbreaking is to never update firmware....
It wasn't intentional to update the firmware Sad

Bonehead move on my part. I only bought the device two days ago, maybe I can take it back to Best Buy and exchange it for one that is undoubtedly sitting on the shelf with the correct software Tongue

Still irritating
I unforturnately did the same thing! Greenpois0n does not work on 4.3. I also do not see a way to rollback to the 4.2.1 firmware. Hopefully they will come out with the new version soon.
krade Wrote:I unforturnately did the same thing! Greenpois0n does not work on 4.3. I also do not see a way to rollback to the 4.2.1 firmware. Hopefully they will come out with the new version soon.

I thought someone around here said there was a tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3? Didn't have any further info though. Then again, an untethered jailbreak for 4.3 doesn't sound too far off:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/jailbreak/i...e-creator/
If you used TinyUmbrella to grab your SHSH blobs *before* the 4.3 update came out from Apple then you can restore.

If you did not, then you can not... unless Apple is still signing 4.2.1.

You should use TinyUmbrella to back up your SHSH blobs *now* so that in the future, once 4.3 is jailbroken, you won't have this problem again.

---

Not enough XBMC/ATV2 HOWTOs are *strongly* suggesting people grab their SHSHs... and since Cydia never gets run, Cydia doesn't automatically do it for you, like it does on other iOS devices
You can do a tethered jb with seas0npass...
wonders when seas0npass will be available for windows. Would like to take advantage of the new Airplay support but XBMC is priority.
I had the same problem yesterday. Upgraded my apple tv. The solution was:
1) download 4.2.1 ipsw-file
2) follow this guide: http://www.spiritjb.org/2010/11/downgrad...os-41.html
3) Jailbreak with greenpois0n.

Good luck.
Or just use the new seasonpass. (Mac only)

http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605
janus74 Wrote:I had the same problem yesterday. Upgraded my apple tv. The solution was:
1) download 4.2.1 ipsw-file
2) follow this guide: http://www.spiritjb.org/2010/11/downgrad...os-41.html
3) Jailbreak with greenpois0n.

Good luck.

Wow! That worked like a charm! I didn't know if I just held "shift" when clicking restore, I could choose a file to restore from. That's awesome, and you're awesome. Thanks Janus!

Now I just need to go read up on how to prevent it from re-updating. Smile
Oh no...did't work for me... always get the message... "Your device is not eligible for this build"!
Any idea??
I have had a day of it! Why I let my atv2 upgrade was because I thought greenp0sion was ok to jb 4.3.... Fortunately I had saved my blobs and have now worked out what they are for and how to use them. Sat looking at my tts server accepting conections in tinyumbreller for ages before I realised I had to restore 4.2.1 through iTunes.

I found the answers on YouTube and it all became clear what to do, I wish I could give you a step by step solution but I have clicked on so many things today I have lost track.

But what I think (and I am by no means an expert) is that unless you had saved your blobs you can not go back to 4.2.1 and you will have to wait for the 4.3 jb or use the season pass tethered jb

Hope you get it sorted soonSmile
Using seasonpass at this moment in time is a waste xbmc will not install on 4.3 somerhing about malformed info in the list file
Sindawi Wrote:Using seasonpass at this moment in time is a waste xbmc will not install on 4.3 somerhing about malformed info in the list file

Jailbroke on iOS 4.3 with Seas0npass 0.7.2 today and XBMC installed fine. The only cons are it's tethered and 720p h264/x264 files crash XBMC (for now).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Updated to new iOS - Big mistakey0