thinking of updating my HTPC guide
I have been thinking for a while about starting a mini-ITX build thread. The problem is of course I also resell mini-ITX hardware and I don't want to come off as selling being the reason for starting a thread like that when it's really about sharing my experiences in building so many PCs with the community I learned from. It's not my day job -- far from it -- and still geared towards being a hobby and helping hobbyists. So, I'll likely resurrect my blog or start a new one at my site and put things there.

Meanwhile, I am happy to contribute my latest findings to eskro's thread, as long as he doesn't mind my interjections.
(2013-05-28, 19:29)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I have been thinking for a while about starting a mini-ITX build thread. The problem is of course I also resell mini-ITX hardware and I don't want to come off as selling being the reason for starting a thread like that when it's really about sharing my experiences in building so many PCs with the community I learned from. It's not my day job -- far from it -- and still geared towards being a hobby and helping hobbyists. So, I'll likely resurrect my blog or start a new one at my site and put things there.

Meanwhile, I am happy to contribute my latest findings to eskro's thread, as long as he doesn't mind my interjections.

Cool where cani find those mini itx builds?
(2013-05-28, 18:20)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 09:39)eskro Wrote: basically i'll just list builds that can handle up to FULL 3D 1080P + HD-Audio Bitstreaming!

From my perspective several of your builds seem geared to OpenELEC which doesn't do much else that run XBMC. Yet I believe each one includes a hard drive or solid state drive as opposed to a simple usb 3 flash drive. Do you recommend against it by not recommending it?

i just started updating it, as i said in my 1st post in this thread,
i'll make some OpenELEC and Windows build suggestions.

i have nothing against using a usb flash drive or SDcard for OpenELEC.

@dougie Fresh: no problem buddy, were all frends here and we need to help out each other.

@cwide: thats pretty much what i do, but sorted the builds by operating Systems.
(2013-05-28, 19:48)Skank Wrote: Cool where cani find those mini itx builds?

You can find mini-ITX cases and HTPC barebones here and here. A lot of what's there is thanks to feedback from the community.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thinking of updating my HTPC guide0