Video Add-Ons menu is missing
Hi,

Running XBMC 10.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). Everything had been working great with my add ons - I have many that we use daily. But I recently went to grab a new one I spotted on the forums when I noticed that I no longer have a "Video Add-ons" entry. I'm looking in System > Add-Ons > Get Add-Ons. From there I've tried under All Addons as wel as XBMC.org Add ons.

Under all add ons, I see:

While under xbmc.org add-ons (as well as all of the unofficial repos i have installed) I see no entries. I tried checking for updates and forcing refresh for the repos, but they still don't show any addons.

I upgraded to xbmc 10.10 this morning to see if that solved the problem, but I had been experiencing this in 10.0 as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks
You need to force refresh the repository - it's probably not been updated fully.

Give it a bit of time after doing that (eg 30 seconds or so) then enter it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response.

From Settings menu i select Add-ons > Get Add-ons. I then highlight XBMC.org (or any of the other unofficial repositories for that matter) and pull up the context menu. I select "Force Refresh", wait many minutes (I left PC) and then attempt to open it, but still see nothing in the repository. I have also tried selecting the "Check for updates" option from this same context menu.

Is that the function you were referring to?

I've uploaded my debug log: http://pastebin.com/Bz8G3eaL

Is it possible that my add-ons component has somehow gotten corrupted?

Thanks again
Code:
#
20:00:19 T:3056301952 M:1816039424   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
#
                                            Query: select id from addon where addonID='skin.Big-cirrus.svn' order by version desc

Somehow you've managed to screw up the db, yeah - just delete the addons.db file and you'll be all good. Note you will lose any disabled status's.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Perfect; that did the trick.

Thanks!
Hi Jonathan
I have a similar problem to this one but deleting the addons.db didnt appear to fix it
I have installed various repos via the install from zip option and all of the repos show in the video add ons menu however upon selecting get add ons there is no content within the repos
I did manage to ssh iplayer zip file and install that and it works perfectly but that was from a direct link and not a repo
what can I do to help you to help me please

Thank you Geoff

jmarshall Wrote:
Code:
#
20:00:19 T:3056301952 M:1816039424   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
#
                                            Query: select id from addon where addonID='skin.Big-cirrus.svn' order by version desc

Somehow you've managed to screw up the db, yeah - just delete the addons.db file and you'll be all good. Note you will lose any disabled status's.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Add-Ons menu is missing0