Stupid question about sabnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato... What exactly do they do?
I've been to all their respective websites, i get it autodownloads shows/movies but could someone give me a more detailed explanation please? I will be running a XBMC on Windows 7 and have a 10 bay unraid server(currently 12TB of storage).

For example, where will all these be installed, how will i manage it, how do they work with each other or anything else i need to know. thanks.
Find out here.
Keith

XBMC on Acer Revo, Windows 7.
ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7
Gateway Laptop when traveling...
I recommend taking them in stages.

Sabnzb would be the starting place. It is used to interface with Usenet provider to download content. Get it up and working first. You can test it by manually searching for NZBs of interest to you.

Then you can use SickBeard or CouchPotato to automate searches for tv shows or movies.
What exactly do they do?! Shocked

Well it looks like you know what they do... you are asking for how they work! Wink

And I would personally rephrase the question to ask what don't they do. Rofl

I personally feel they are essential to the process. Just as important as XBMC itself. They integrate seamlessly with XBMC and make the user experience amazing. Big Grin
bmcclure937 Wrote:What exactly do they do?! Shocked

Well it looks like you know what they do... you are asking for how they work! Wink

And I would personally rephrase the question to ask what don't they do. Rofl

I personally feel they are essential to the process. Just as important as XBMC itself. They integrate seamlessly with XBMC and make the user experience amazing. Big Grin

no kidding. i used to download all my files with jdownloader via rapidshare, hotfile, fileshare (paid subscriptions) on my laptop then manually send them to my mediaserver then manually update xbmc. what a pita. sickbeard, couchpotato, and sabnzbd make things so simple now.
thesuffering Wrote:no kidding. i used to download all my files with jdownloader via rapidshare, hotfile, fileshare (paid subscriptions) on my laptop then manually send them to my mediaserver then manually update xbmc. what a pita. sickbeard, couchpotato, and sabnzbd make things so simple now.

I love them too... there are some cost involved though. You need to get a news provider like Giganews, supernews, etc. This article really explains it well.

http://lifehacker.com/5601586/how-to-get...mple-steps

Anyone have an NZBs.org account they want to share with me..Huh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stupid question about sabnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato... What exactly do they do?0