Scraping metadata on play vs. nfo file...
Hi all,

I have a question about some behavior I have observed in XBMCLive Dharma (I'm guessing it applies to other versions/platforms but I don't know).

When I backup a Blu-ray using MakeMKV (any version going back about 6 months) it always creates a MKV with the size 1920x1080 no matter how the movie is cropped. Because of this, XBMC has no way to properly determine the aspect ratio of the movie for media flag purposes (it is always 1.78). To fix this, I tried to manually set the aspect ratio in the nfo file (1.85, 2.35, etc.). This works well until you actually play the file, afterwards it seems that XBMC has replaced the information in the nfo file with the info it has determined from the file (1.78). You could then refresh the information from the nfo and it would be correct until you play the file again.

My question is: How do I prevent XBMC from pulling this information from the file? Alternatively, how do I fix this problem?

Thank you.
I think the issue is that 1080p/i Blu-Ray movies is always 1920x1080 regardless of the AR. You'd have to crop out the black bars from the original video file to fix that. I use nothing but Blu-Ray ISOs and regardless of the AR of the video file, it returns 16x9 AR even through the movie is 2.35.

You may want to try disabling "Extract thumbnails and video information" in the Video\File List settings.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping metadata on play vs. nfo file...0