is thetvdb.com down?
Guys is thetvdb.com down?

I can't access the website and am receiving the following error when trying to scrape a new series

"Unable to connect to the remote server"

.. on another question; just curious .. when i add a new show i have to exit library mode browse to the new folder, right click and select "tv show information" .. i find that if i dont do this to a new show's folder future scrape don't detect the folder and its contents as being there - is that normal?
It must be down. I can't get to it either.
TVDB.com is down.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Down for me too. I was getting the same error immediately after upgrading to 10.1, and my first thought was, "Crap!"

Thankfully that was just a coincidence.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/thetvdb.com
TeknoJnky Wrote:http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/thetvdb.com

This is causing my XBMC app to freeze on "scanning for new content". Is there any way around this?
bummer... this will surely screw with SickBeard too. Argh. Anyone know why it's down or for how long?
There is absolutely no info in the TVDB forums other than a few folks noting it is down and wondering when it will be back. Along with SickBeard, it is definitely causing the SAGE-XBMC tool to fail and not move any video from SAGE to XBMC. in the grand scheme of things I'm sure we'll live, but I hope it's back up tomorrow sometime.
richardk Wrote:This is causing my XBMC app to freeze on "scanning for new content". Is there any way around this?

the site will come back up, then you can scan for content just be patient...its just Murphy's Law at work..
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:the site will come back up, then you can scan for content just be patient...its just Murphy's Law at work..

The problem is that my XBMC installation is set to scan for content automatically when it starts up. But scanning for content causes it to hang. It seems that there should be a built-in timeout, so that XBMC does not become completely unresponsive when thetvdb.com is unavailable.
richardk Wrote:The problem is that my XBMC installation is set to scan for content automatically when it starts up. But scanning for content causes it to hang. It seems that there should be a built-in timeout, so that XBMC does not become completely unresponsive when thetvdb.com is unavailable.

just deactivate the option since it cames back online...
ppic Wrote:just deactivate the option since it cames back online...

Yes, it's working now. But now I understand why XBMC is hung once or twice a week when I turn on my TV.

If XBMC completely hangs and becomes unusable just because it cannot reach a particular web site once, isn't that a bug?
There is a timeout. It's probably 30 seconds or so.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:There is a timeout. It's probably 30 seconds or so.

If there is, it's not working on my installation (Ubuntu 10.10 on AspireRevo 1600). Once it tries to scan, and can't get to thetvdv.com, XBMC is frozen permanently.
Show us a debug log. Obviously you should wait around 10 minutes or so.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is thetvdb.com down?0