Suggestion for functional screensaver/plugin
Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if there's anyone out there willing to put some work into a functional screensaver/plugin. I would do it myself but I am not familiar with the programming stuff. I have skills in design though so here's a mock up of a screensaver that I would love to have in XBMC.
If it's possible to start a plugin on a timer (inactivity), like a screensaver, it would be great to have it in this form. I would be more than happy to help with anything I can to make this happen.
Basically, this screen would fade in after a few minutes of inactivity and all sections would automatically scroll/fade in/out their contents periodically.
Sorry about the news headlines, I know, sad, but those were the news on Google so I went ahead with that. All the best to the people in Japan.
What do you think?

Try the picture in xbmc on the big TV.
http://www.vanstills.com/images/XBMCSaver720.jpg
http://www.vanstills.com/images/XBMCSaver1080.jpg
WOW! Very mice. It would be very cool and functional to have this type of screensaver.
Nice! If you create a screensaver like that don't forget to move them around every once in a while though in some way. If not you will have static burned in squares on, specially, older tvs.
Current project Plane9 a 3d music visualizer/sound responsive screensaver. Author of the planestate, matrix trails, asteroids and ping pong xbmc screensavers.
i sincerely hope this gets made
HTPC Specs
NAS Server Specs
Home Theater: Mitsubishi WD-73C10 73 inch 3D DLP | Onkyo TX-NR515
Consoles: Dreamcast | Playstation 2 | Xbox | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Playstation 4
amazing mockup! you need to get the attention of a decent coder though. im not sure how many of them would venture into the screensaver forum.. you may need to advertise this feature elsewhere to get some attention
Great stuff!! Something that would really add something i would use often!

Hope some smart coder picks it up!

Maybe try it with à skinner and ppic.
Thumbs Up 
Very nice! Nod I was (and still am) looking for something similar as well!
Would be nice to have a settings menue for adjusting the screesaver! lets say activate/deactivate RSS feed (and the other stuff) and maybe placement of the different info sections, adjust colour or background image (maybe slideshow of own images) and so on.

what do we need to get such awesome screensaver to reality? post it in the feature suggestions subforum? Who is able to code such screensaver? Huh

_krijeck
rebuilding ....
krijeck Wrote:Very nice! Nod I was (and still am) looking for something similar as well!
Would be nice to have a settings menue for adjusting the screesaver! lets say activate/deactivate RSS feed (and the other stuff) and maybe placement of the different info sections, adjust colour or background image (maybe slideshow of own images) and so on.

what do we need to get such awesome screensaver to reality? post it in the feature suggestions subforum? Who is able to code such screensaver? Huh

_krijeck

I think more than a screensaver, it could be a script or plugin like, for example see recently added stuff, rss reader, weather plus plugin, now playing on home ... etc... Could be a mix of all that implemented in one and only script with settings to hide or show selected stuff on home menu,

that's my idea, no clue if it's possible ...
butchabay Wrote:I think more than a screensaver, it could be a script or plugin like, for example see recently added stuff, rss reader, weather plus plugin, now playing on home ... etc... Could be a mix of all that implemented in one and only script with settings to hide or show selected stuff on home menu,

that's my idea, no clue if it's possible ...

I am sure that someone is able to code such screensaver (or whatever we call it - I would like the usage as screensaver during music playback) but how are we getting someone to take care of this? I am not able to code .... Sad
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for functional screensaver/plugin4