Python and external mounts (SMB)
Does anyone know how to get plugins like iphoto to see external mounts like smb shares.

XBMC works fine when I point it to smb mounts for movies and tv shows but not with itunes and iphoto plugin on appletv2.
did you not understand what I said on the other thread?

external python DOES NOT understand smb:// , the addon needs to use xbmcvfs module to copy the file localy and then parse it... for that you need to talk to the addon author
amet Wrote:did you not understand what I said on the other thread?

external python DOES NOT understand smb:// , the addon needs to use xbmcvfs module to copy the file localy and then parse it... for that you need to talk to the addon author

Your tone indicates someone probably under 20 years old. Please dont be so harsh with your comments. I am new to this appletv2 but probably have gotten further on my own than moat people my age (72) . I do appreciate the help but ca do without the sarcasm.
Yeah, I am 11 .. Wink

On the serious note, weather you are new member, old member , 15 or 72.... My question still stands, did you not understand me in the previous thread? If not, you couldhave asked there or you didnt trust my answer ? In anycase the answer is still the same. We could hack around to get the addon working just for you or you could just mention your problem to the addon author and he could solve the issue for everyone

Cheers
Hello, I am the author of the iPhoto plugin.

I wasn't aware of xbmcvfs until now. But, I am not sure of the best way to use this to get the plugin to work. I can certainly copy the XML file over easily enough this way, but the XML file contains paths to the images as well.. I could rewrite all of the paths using some user-specified base path I suppose?

-jingai
jingai Wrote:Hello, I am the author of the iPhoto plugin.

I wasn't aware of xbmcvfs until now. But, I am not sure of the best way to use this to get the plugin to work. I can certainly copy the XML file over easily enough this way, but the XML file contains paths to the images as well.. I could rewrite all of the paths using some user-specified base path I suppose?

-jingai

xbmc will know how to work with smb:// paths so you could translate it to that. issue is with external python not knowing what to do with it.

smb://iMac/Pictures/iPhoto Library/AlbumData.xml means nothing, but smb://192.168.1.100/iMac/Pictures/iPhoto Library/AlbumData.xml might just

so if the user searches for AlbumData.xml and its found on smb://192.168.1.100/iMac/Pictures/iPhoto Library/ the path could be "translated" from /iMac/Pictures/iPhoto Library/ to smb://192.168.1.100/iMac/Pictures/iPhoto Library/

or some such .... give me some examples and I could help
I'm implementing this now, but have a small problem: it's not giving me access to network sources when I go to select the path in the addon's configuration.

My settings.xml includes:

Code:
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" type="file" label="30000" default=""/>

Any ideas?

FWIW, the EyeTV Parser addon doesn't allow me to specify a network share either, even though the author claims he/she added support for it.

-j
jingai Wrote:I'm implementing this now, but have a small problem: it's not giving me access to network sources when I go to select the path in the addon's configuration.

My settings.xml includes:

Code:
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" type="file" label="30000" default=""/>

Any ideas?

FWIW, the EyeTV Parser addon doesn't allow me to specify a network share either, even though the author claims he/she added support for it.

-j

you need to have a network share set under "video" section and then specify the source

Code:
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" type="folder" [color=red]source="video"[/color] label="30000" default=""/>

you could also do source="files" and that would use sources specified under files section
amet Wrote:you need to have a network share set under "video" section

That's rather unintuitive, but it does work. Is there some reason XBMC can't add all of the special sources (such as Windows Network Share) seen in the list when you're adding a Video source?

Anyway, I've gotten it working, so 1.2.2 should get things going for ATV2 users.

-j
jingai Wrote:That's rather unintuitive, but it does work. Is there some reason XBMC can't add all of the special sources (such as Windows Network Share) seen in the list when you're adding a Video source?

Anyway, I've gotten it working, so 1.2.2 should get things going for ATV2 users.

-j

I will not argue about it Smile it took me a while to figure it out as well Smile

Great, nice one on the fix!
Version 1.3.0 has been pushed up. You will need to do what amet said about creating a Video source, but it should work.

I have a ticket out about the issue, so hopefully we can make it somewhat easier in the future.

-j

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python and external mounts (SMB)0