how to save video calibration? gets reset sometimes
not sure why, but sometimes my video calibration gets reset, then i have to redo it for each res and 60/50/24 so is there a file or something i can make read only, or some other way that it stops doing it?

thanks
--
Same (annoying) problem over here.
It happens after a skin-change or a forced exit of xbmc (e.g. ALT+F4).
Can't find any logic schema, because it doesn't happen all the time.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
I have the same problem. Overscan and subtitle positions are ok, but the pixel ratio resets after I played a hardware accellerated movie. Making the guisettings.xml file read only didn't solve the problem. On every startup after watching a VDPAU accellerated movie, the pixel ratio is back to 1.0. For me it must be 1.33 to be a perfect square.

Regards.
so frustrating, don't know why there isn't some setting to lock it in or something
--
It's almost certainly due to resolutions that are identical other than the refresh rate.

You can see this by looks in guisettings.xml - see the <calibration> block and note that there's 2 resolutions identical other than refreshrate.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

No, there is only one rresolution with one refresh rate in the guisettings.xml but with two entries, one with <description>800x600 @ 60.00 - Full Screen</description> and <description>default: 800x600 @ 60.00Hz</description>. Removing one does not solve it, the removed entry is recreated after startup.

I connected a PC monitor instead of my TV to see, if this is the problem. When I play my TV recordings, these are .TS-files, XBMC changes the resolution. But it happened so fast, I couldn't see, to what resolution. But it returned immediately back to 800x600. So, what ever happened, I believe it happend during the initialisation for the Playback. The reset of the pixel ratio does not happen, when I watch non-VDPAU accellerated movies. The computer monitor did not try to change to another resolution with these files, mostly xvid.

Regards.
And do the two that are the same have the same or different calibration values (once you've calibrated, ofcourse)?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

No, only the first one changes, the one beginning with default: 800x600 does not change. I changed it manually, to see if this solves it, but that entry always returns to its original values. When I watch a xvid file, the pixel ratio stays at 1.33, but the second entry, the one default: 800x600 always resets.

Regards.
Exactly - thus, it's a clash between the two, and we don't know which one to choose, and at times screw it up.

Unfortunately, unless one of us devs can reproduce the issue, there's not much to be done about it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

OK, but why does this not happen, when I play xvid files, non-VDPAU accellerated files? If these two are clashing, why are both generated? Even if I delete the guisettings.xml and restart XBMC, both entries are there again. I tried this on another machine, same problem. So for me it seams easy to reproduce. Just install Ubuntu 10.10, no metter if 64 bit or not, and follow exactly the XBMCbuntu tutorial. With an Asrock A330ION of course. Then start XBMC, set the pixel ratio to 1.33 or anything else but 1.00 and play a DVD or H.264 movie. Then reboot, the pixel ratio will be 1.00 again.

If there is any information I can provide to get closer to the solution, I'll be happy to help. But right now the only thing I can do is just not to reboot the XBMC-machine.

Regards.
That's my calibration block (guisettings.xml)

Quote: <videoscreen>
<blankdisplays>false</blankdisplays>
<fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
<guicalibration></guicalibration>
<resolution>13</resolution>
<screen>1</screen>
<screenmode>10128000720060.00000</screenmode>
<vsync>2</vsync>
</videoscreen>

Is this optimal, when using a secondary monitor (TV) for xbmc?
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
friendly bump
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
I have the same problem on Android xbmc v12.2. Searched for a solution all over the internet but couldn't find a workable one. Very frustrating.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to save video calibration? gets reset sometimes0