Help downgrade to Apple TV iOs 4.2.1
Any word if they're still signing after the 4.3.1 release today? Hopefully so.
telarium Wrote:Any word if they're still signing after the 4.3.1 release today? Hopefully so.

Only two ways to find out (far as I know), 1) try to save the SHSH blobs on an atv2 that doesn't have them saved yet or 2) try to install 4.2.1 without using Tiny Umbrella's TSS server to help and see if iTunes will let you.

It was still being signed as of last Sunday... not sure about now but if it's still being signed I'd bet it won't be by next weekend.
I just managed to go from 4.3.1 to 4.2.1 (4.2.1 to 4.1.1 Software version) using Tinyumbrella :-)
thermionic Wrote:I just managed to go from 4.3.1 to 4.2.1 (4.2.1 to 4.1.1 Software version) using Tinyumbrella :-)

Interesting... kudos to Apple for still signing the 4.2.1 firmware... if that's what you're saying, unless you meant than you'd saved your SHSH blobs previously and just downgraded to 4.2.1 using Tiny Umbrella's TSS server.

Assuming you meant Apple's still signing 4.2.1, it's good timing for the XBMC community since it gives everyone the option of staying on iOS 4.2.1 (/w official XBMC build) until the kinks are worked out in 4.3 (i.e. the XBMC nightlies).
I'm having trouble downgrading to OS Build 4.2.1 (4.1.1). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's what I did

1. iREB-r4 put the ATV2 into pwned DFU mode
2. Ran TinyUmbrella tss server (yes shsh blobs for 4.2.1 8C154 were saved)
3. Started iTunes 10.4, right-clicked and chose 4.2.1_8C154_SP_Restore.ipsw file. iTunes went through some steps such as restoring and verifying without problems, then as it was verifying a second time I got a error 1600.

Thanks guys.
zion168 Wrote:I'm having trouble downgrading to OS Build 4.2.1 (4.1.1). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's what I did

1. iREB-r4 put the ATV2 into pwned DFU mode
2. Ran TinyUmbrella tss server (yes shsh blobs for 4.2.1 8C154 were saved)
3. Started iTunes 10.4, right-clicked and chose 4.2.1_8C154_SP_Restore.ipsw file. iTunes went through some steps such as restoring and verifying without problems, then as it was verifying a second time I got a error 1600.

Thanks guys.

I'd restore to whatever firmware you can and try the whole process again. Make sure you update iTunes, only plugin USB not power, check that Tiny Umbrella hasn't changed your hosts file... and I'd use Seas0npass to JB.
Hi,

if I buy a new ATV2, and it probably has 4.4.3 installed, is it still possible to downgrade to 4.3 in order to have an untethered boot?
Looks like using 4.3 is still an option... I'd keep an eye on this page:
http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help downgrade to Apple TV iOs 4.2.10