NOW IN ALPHA TESTING PHASE!
I've been working on this project off an on for several months and now I finally have a semi-working version ready for testing. During the Alpha testing stage, I will be releasing bug-fix releases quite often so please check back often and make sure you have the latest version installed before posting a bug. All downloads will be posted on http://www.audio-matic.com.
Alpha Testing Registrations are now open again at http://www.audio-matic.com!
The goals for this project are as stated on the website:
- Automatically download new album releases by your favorite artists.
- Easily manage your music collection and remove duplicate songs.
- Discover new music that's similar to what you already know and love.
- Sample new releases and popular music before you download it.
- Automatically sort your files and fill in missing ID3 tag info.
Here are some of the components that are working or are mostly complete:
- Option to replace upper ascii characters with lower ascii equivalents (ie. ñ = n, Ö = O, etc.)
- XBMC notifications and updates are both working
- Complete Discogs.com API Interface and XML reader
- Fully functional allmusic.com scraper
- Complete iTunes API interface and JSON reader
- Automated image downloading for covers, artists and fanart
- Tag reader supporting all popular music file types (.mp3, .wma, .m4a, .m4p, .flac, .aac, .ogg, .ape, .wv, .wav, .aif, .mp1, .mp2, .mpc, .mp+, .mpp, and .mka) using taglib-sharp library.
- SQLite Database (mySQL was working as well, but was abandoned to simplify installation)
- Fully automated database creation (no database setup/installation required)
- NZBMatrix API to search for album .nzb's
- SABNzbd+ API Interface to automate downloading
- Torrent support using thePirateBay (others will follow)
- Builtin Media Player
- Artist/Album/Song detection using File/Folder names and/or Tags and verification using allmusic/discogs
- Automated Post-Proccessing for renaming and audio tag updates
- Same-name artist detection and resolution (asks user to select the correct artist... could probably be improved)
- Discover new music using - AllMusic Editor's Choice, AllMusic New Releases, NZBMatrix New Releases, BillBoard Charts (needs finished), iTunes popular albums (will be added with iTunes scraping)
- Support for automatic tagged music downloading... currently just Shazam tagged tracks, but will expand this later. So if you here a song you like, using the Shazam iPhone app, let Shazam detect the song name and the corresponding album will be downloaded automatically. I would like to add support for SoundHound and others as well.
- Problem file & folder detection
- Duplicate song detection
- Song preview using AllMusic and iTunes streams
To Do / Working on:
- Allow 'Wanted' downloads to be queued.
- Add UseNet retention limit to settings.
- Export Library to text/csv/html.
- Display Library stats (total playtime, total artists/albums/tracks, etc.).
- Add support for CD folders (ie. CD1, CD2, etc.).
- Add support for Torrent/NZB RSS feeds.
- Add options for preferred sound quailty to download (lossless/lossy, min bitrate, file format, etc.) Try to use scene release types to help determine this.
- Add support for MusicBrainz.com, last.fm, Amazon, and others.
- Use similar artists, genre, and mood info scraped from allmusic/others to suggest new downloads.
- Complete Billboard Chart feed feature.
- Finish http://www.albumartexchange.com scraper.
- Add option to download all fanart from site like htbackdrops.com or Wallbase.cc into folder Extrafanart for each artist.
- Custom playlist creation for XBMC.
- Create a web user interface/API.
- XBMC .nfo file generation.
- Allow songs to be marked as archived.
- Add 'Edit Artist' feature to allow you to modify the provider info of all artists. Mainly useful if the wrong provider ID is associated with an artist.
- Add support for music videos.
- View artists by genre.
- Allow users to rate artists, albums, tracks and use this to create playlists (need to save ratings to database).
- Speed up New Releases load time and verify it is still operational.
- Add option to hide new release albums that you already have or mark them as already downloaded.
- Create Consolidated Album view and show local albums not recognized in provider listings.
- Verify min/max size for search results is working.
- Create a way to handle Various Artists, Compilations, Soundtracks, Unknown Artists, etc.
- Add default sorting methods for Album/Song listviews to Settings.
- Allow user to ignore/hide provider albums (possible duplicates, etc.)
- Create a Band Members view using information from allmusic.com to find all bands an individual has been a member of.
- Add option to use post-processing on previously downloaded files.
- Explore adding an integrated cue sheet splitter for lossless files if the copies are made with EAC.
- When adding a folder source, exclude read-only folders, system folders, etc.
- Create an 'exempted' folder to exclude from imports.
Alpha 0.27 Release Notes
- BUG FIX - Fixed the 'ShowUI' exception when attempting to delete an existing album folder.
- FEATURE - You can now remove a single artist from the Manage Artist screen.
- REVISION - The last used Import Folder Structure is now remembered.
- REVISION - Import errors are now suspressed until the import is complete.
Known Issues / Reported Bugs:
- Folder.jpg images will be overwritten without warning (not really a bug, but will add an option to alert user before overwriting).
- Adding multiple source folders is pretty much untested and currently each artist can only have one root folder otherwise something may crash.
- Duplicate song details are not yet shown even though they are detected.
- For now, the individual File Tag view (shown in one of the screenshots) has been disabled. I made some recent code changes that require that I need to recode this but have not yet had the time.
- Application can become unresponsive when importing/post-processing (should be fixed when multi-threading is in place).
- Sometimes an invalid artist id occurs when importing but you can manually add the artist afterwards.
- upper/lower case problem storing provider id's in database?
- iTunes Provider ID link does not currently link to anything.
- Blank username and password in NZBmatrix download.php API string causing problems for some users?
- 'Problem Folder' Tool does not take folder structure into consideration (old code... needs updated).
- KERNELBASE.dll Exception (code: 0xe0434352) occurring on startup if Windows Media Player is not installed.
- 'Update Artist' button doesn't force a discography provider update correctly (needs to remove old info) and scrape artist info.
- Artist image does not always load until after the program is restarted.
- Sometimes users recieve a 'folder structure does not match' error when they should not.
- Importing of artists like 'AC/DC' causes the artist to be imported incorrectly as 'AC'.
- Sometimes album status icons still don't update until the album is selected for some reason.
- Track durations are not always calculated correctly for some reason.
- All band members are not showing for discogs listings.
- Need to add more error handling for 'Argument 'Start' must be greater than Zero' errors.
- Post-processing may not work correctly if using UNC or relative paths.
- If you add a folder source with no music in it, it crashes?
- If you set an invalid music folder in settings and click on the post processing tab it crashes?
- If Genre is in path, it should be determined on an 'artist' level.
- Need to validate renaming structure (ie. <num> can't exist at the artist/album level of path).
- Need to update library (scan for changes) and remove old data when data is updated (partially in place).
- Finish Newzbin NZB provider code.
- Problem with apostrophe in album name and recognizing... 12 stones - Potter's Field.