• 45(current)
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer
Cheers mate, the program is a great idea and seems to work quite well. I'm having a minor issue with the torrent blackhole and Deluge torrent - Audio-Matic saves the torrent file to the directory, I see it there for a second, Deluge loads it correctly, but then I get an error in Audio-Matic, saying access denied on the .torrent file it's just downloaded. Is this just a timing issue? Unfortunately, it hasn't written anything to the log directory, so I can't paste anything here. Is this a known issue?

**edit** I changed the log directory from the default (something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio-Matic\log) to C:\Users\raiker\logs\Audio-Matic because I've had no end of troubles with permissions and the program files directory on win7, but no files have been created.
Thats the problem..... I dont see any buttons or places to add source or manage artists... Everything is just blank on the opening page. Please help.
Thanks
Awesome program, has worked flawlessly so far for me. I'm going to give it a bit of a stress test when I have some free time.

However I was wondering if what.cd support is on your todo list? I haven't seen anyone else request this yet, but it would be awesome.
Feature request:

would it be possible to implement functionallity wich could replace the current tags of an already downloaded album with the tags found on the internet? (So use the same tagging method you now use for albums that are are going to be downloaded)
xburchartz Wrote:I mean the way those programs ask you to fill in the server and port details. (So another field for the port)

Ok. That's no big deal. Can easily be done.

raiker Wrote:Audio-Matic saves the torrent file to the directory, I see it there for a second, Deluge loads it correctly, but then I get an error in Audio-Matic, saying access denied on the .torrent file it's just downloaded. Is this just a timing issue? Unfortunately, it hasn't written anything to the log directory, so I can't paste anything here. Is this a known issue?

That could be possible. I've never experienced the problem myself using uTorrent, but I will take another look at the code. I believe A-M saves the .torrent file to the temp folder to examine it before sending a copy of it to the backhole folder so it is probably an issue with permissions in the Temp folder.

apex82 Wrote:Thats the problem..... I dont see any buttons or places to add source or manage artists... Everything is just blank on the opening page. Please help.
Thanks

Can you post a screen shot please and maybe more details about your operating system, etc.? Thanks.

FlyingFlock Wrote:I was wondering if what.cd support is on your todo list? I haven't seen anyone else request this yet, but it would be awesome.

Never heard of it. I just went to the home page and I can't see anything that explains what it is. Can you elaborate on what it is?

xburchartz Wrote:Feature request:

would it be possible to implement functionallity wich could replace the current tags of an already downloaded album with the tags found on the internet? (So use the same tagging method you now use for albums that are are going to be downloaded)

If I understand you correctly, this is already on the to do list... however, in practice, this gets tricky. Let me explain. What if you search for an album and for some reason a different album (or even another version of the same album.. ie re-release, deluxe/enhanced version, etc.) is downloaded.... A-M has no way of really knowing this reliably and if it changes the tags based on what you requested to download, this will only screw up your music. A better solution would be to possibly include a button to automatically suggest missing tag information, and for safety will require you to confirm the changes before they are made. Other suggestions for solutions to this problem are welcome.
compcentral Wrote:If I understand you correctly, this is already on the to do list... however, in practice, this gets tricky. Let me explain. What if you search for an album and for some reason a different album (or even another version of the same album.. ie re-release, deluxe/enhanced version, etc.) is downloaded.... A-M has no way of really knowing this reliably and if it changes the tags based on what you requested to download, this will only screw up your music. A better solution would be to possibly include a button to automatically suggest missing tag information, and for safety will require you to confirm the changes before they are made. Other suggestions for solutions to this problem are welcome.

That's what I mean indeed. You're right about the tricky part. Didn't think about that. So, A-M must not automaticly correct the tags but must show the old and new values and the user has to confirm they are correct. (so not only missing values but also overwrite faulty fields after confirmation).

Someting else:
I've got an issue regarding post processing. I tried to download an album from Colbie Caillait. The following error occured. (Sorry, the message is partially Dutch). See the screenshot for details:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/...error.jpg/
xburchartz Wrote:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/...error.jpg/

Photo was removed?
Two more things regarding the torrent blackhole - the blackhole is on an SMB network share, which has correct permissions afaik - I can create files and have other programs create files without any problems, and the error message I get from A-M is "Download Error: Error retrieving album. Access to the path 'X:\torrenthole\<torrent>.torrent' is denied". The torrent file is present in the temp directory (which I've put in C:\Users\Raiker\AppData\Local\Audio-Matic\temp). Does this info help at all?
compcentral Wrote:Photo was removed?

Retry:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/863...error.jpg/
xburchartz Wrote:Retry:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/863...error.jpg/

Ok. Yeah that's the "ShowUI" bug that I already fixed but haven't released yet. It will be in Alpha 0.27, but I've been super busy and I have some other code to finish before I can get it "release ready". Sorry for the long delay... just a lot going on and it's tough to find the time. Hopefully, I'll have a day early next week to get it all finished up.

I have the Newzbin code partially working, but I would like to have it complete before the next release.
raiker Wrote:Two more things regarding the torrent blackhole - the blackhole is on an SMB network share, which has correct permissions afaik - I can create files and have other programs create files without any problems, and the error message I get from A-M is "Download Error: Error retrieving album. Access to the path 'X:\torrenthole\<torrent>.torrent' is denied". The torrent file is present in the temp directory (which I've put in C:\Users\Raiker\AppData\Local\Audio-Matic\temp). Does this info help at all?

Yes, that does help actually. I haven't had time to try to reproduce this yet, but as soon as I get some 'coding' time, I'll get back to you.
I notice that Deluge doesn't have an option not to delete the torrent file from the blackhole once it's loaded it, while uTorrent does - perhaps this is the issue - A-M will copy the .torrent to the blackhole, then check to see that the file exists, but by this point Deluge has deleted it. Does that sound reasonable?
I don't really think that is it... at least not the way you explained it because I have uTorrent set to delete the torrent file after starting the download too.
Is there a way to delete an artist in the manage artist section if I cancel a search, because it just comes up blank and I can't delete it
HarryRosen Wrote:Is there a way to delete an artist in the manage artist section if I cancel a search, because it just comes up blank and I can't delete it

Not at the moment... will add soon.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer3