• 2(current)
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer
I agree with making it platform independent. Follow in the footsteps of SB and CP.

Also, none of the screenshots are working for me...
I would also love to have this via a web interface, so that I can control it from my phone when out and about, etc.

Soooooo want this project to succeed Smile
cant wait to try it ! Excellent Work.
Aenima99x Wrote:So it's only Windows? Why not follow SickBeard & CouchPotato and make it cross-platform with a web interface?

While that would be good... I do not think that he should stop what he is doing and re-work his work. It may be just too much effort to achieve this.

My vote... keep doing what you are doing. I am psyched to see the end product.
Aenima99x Wrote:So it's only Windows? Why not follow SickBeard & CouchPotato and make it cross-platform with a web interface?

Unfortunately, I'm just starting to learn python and I'm much more proficient in .Net, but I do plan on creating a web interface. Once my python skills improve, I may do a rewrite/port using the existing database structure to make it multi-platform.
ptipton Wrote:Will there be the option to choose quality, e.g. flac, mp3 etc.

Yes. This should be no problem to add. Good suggestion. I'll add it to the to do list.

bnevets27 Wrote:I would love if Audio-Matic was able to take a simple list of songs. Find the albums that those songs are on, download the albums then create a playlist that matches the simple list of songs.

The purpose of this is that Audio-Matic could take a list (that I provide it) of recently played songs off a radio station I like and it could match that list. I've been trying to find a way to do this and would be a great to see it in Audio-Matic.

This feature is already partiatlly working... I already find out what album a song is on when I tag it with Shazam and download the album. Creating playlists is something I forgot to add to the to do list, but it will be added.

bnevets27 Wrote:One other idea, just putting it out there, is the ability to record internet radio streams. Having the ability to record a radio show would be nice. Basically record a stream on a schedule. I know this is a whole other element, just food for thought.

Interesting... but that's not something that will probably make it into the initial release... maybe someday though if there is enough demand.

bmcclure937 Wrote:None of the screenshots are working for me...

Hmm.. loads fine here.. Will http://www.audio-matic.com load for you? Anyone else have this problem? If so, I could post them someplace else. I just threw this up on a temporary server for now.
compcentral Wrote:Unfortunately, I'm just starting to learn python and I'm much more proficient in .Net, but I do plan on creating a web interface. Once my python skills improve, I may do a rewrite/port using the existing database structure to make it multi-platform.

That would be great if you can get to that point.....I know there are a lot of us using Linux/Live that would love to have the final piece to go along with SickBeard/CouchPotato/SAB. The program looks great so far though, keep up the nice work. Cool
Would love a web interface lile sickbeard amd CP. That would make it appeal to alot more users plus I do alot via my phone on DL stuff. Hope you can make it cross platform. Great work so far.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Great! Any support for nfo file creation as well?
looks interesting and much needed for newbs like myself to the greater glory that is xbmc.

I too would like to through in my support for cross platform (easier said then done) but if I have to run this through wine thats ok too.

Keep at it bud!
tboooe Wrote:Great! Any support for nfo file creation as well?

Easy enough... I just need to look at the file format and I can generate them.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I will work towards completing this and getting all of the logic defined before attempting to port it to python. I'm not sure what (if any) limitations coding in python will impose though since my python knowledge is minimal at the moment.

When I first started this project, it was only going to be for my use and was simply a way for me to manage my collection and fill in missing albums. Since then, it's grown quite a bit and I decided to expand into something others could use.
compcentral Wrote:Easy enough... I just need to look at the file format and I can generate them.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I will work towards completing this and getting all of the logic defined before attempting to port it to python. I'm not sure what (if any) limitations coding in python will impose though since my python knowledge is minimal at the moment.

When I first started this project, it was only going to be for my use and was simply a way for me to manage my collection and fill in missing albums. Since then, it's grown quite a bit and I decided to expand into something others could use.
Have you considered making it open-source? There are many talented dev's lurking around on here that could certainly help speed up the process. This is exactly the type of project many have been waiting for, you wouldn't have any shortage of volunteers (myself included).
Right now, the source code is a bit of a mess... mainly because I'm still in the experimental stage and I've shifted from mysql to sqlite databases among other things. When all the pieces start to fit together better and I have a chance to streamline the code I'll definitely consider it, but right now it's hard enough for me to maintain It's a little premature opening it up to additional modifications/contributions. I also don't want to just abandon all the work I've put into this and start another project in python (especially since then I would lack the skills to contribute to my own project... doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now). I hope that makes sense.
compcentral Wrote:Right now, the source code is a bit of a mess... mainly because I'm still in the experimental stage and I've shifted from mysql to sqlite databases among other things. When all the pieces start to fit together better and I have a chance to streamline the code I'll definitely consider it, but right now it's hard enough for me to maintain It's a little premature opening it up to additional modifications/contributions. I also don't want to just abandon all the work I've put into this and start another project in python (especially since then I would lack the skills to contribute to my own project... doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now). I hope that makes sense.

That's perfectly understandable. It was just a suggestion, it was more for the case of a project fork whereby the scraper logic was used but the interface potentially designed by others. If the project isn't at a point where it can easily be shared then that is fair enough.

I've attempted a similar project before, the biggest issue I found was the lack of sites to easily scrape accurately that actually had a comprehensive and accurate database, unfortunately with the exception of itunes, most sites have limited scope or catalog's, so the difficult part was merging that data across various sites in a useful manner. It seems like you've overcome those issues though, so keep up the good work, I'm very interested to see how this project progresses.

Based on your screenshots, I'm assuming the application is written in C#? Another option is to port it to java, which there are many obvious syntactical similarities which would create a far easier path to having a hosted solution and platform independence, but that's obviously a fair way down the roadmap. Depending on the complexity of the project there is a plugin for netbeans that I've used with moderate success that can automate the porting of VB or C# to Java.
compcentral, nice work!

Good to have so many features included in one single GUI.
Going to check this out. :-)

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer3