[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on
BTW about the repo icons, some of the repositories does not have one, but in this case we will display the default one, that's not a big deal.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

i updated the wiki page

also, i was thinking that it should auto-install the passion xbmc repo, because thats where it gets it's updates from.

perhaps there should also be an 'Install all repositories' item as well?

this thread should really get stickied, and the old '[Collection] Additional Addons Repositories (Unofficial/Third-Party/Developers Repos)' unstickied.
anarchintosh Wrote:i updated the wiki page
Thanks a lot, we will just need to add the icons now, recently I also have added all the repo I could find

anarchintosh Wrote:also, i was thinking that it should auto-install the passion xbmc repo, because thats where it gets it's updates from.
I can add it as a default option, so we won't force anybody to have passion-XBMC repo

anarchintosh Wrote:perhaps there should also be an 'Install all repositories' item as well?
That's a great idea, especially that doesn't heart since XBMC allow to enable/disable the installed repositories

anarchintosh Wrote:this thread should really get stickied, and the old '[Collection] Additional Addons Repositories (Unofficial/Third-Party/Developers Repos)' unstickied.
Yes, that would avoid too much repetitive questions in the future Big Grin

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

I found a few more repos not listed in the wiki page:

Aeon Nox forum thread - aeon--nox.googlecode.com - Home of 'Aeon Nox' skin - Big_Noid - repository.aeon.nox.zip

Author site - Aeon MQ 2 forum thread - code.google.com/p/mod-skin - Home of 'Aeon MQ 2' skin - MarcosQui - xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip

Cirrus Extended forum thread - code.google.com/p/cirrus-extended-repo - Home of 'Cirrus Extended' skin - Malexx - xbmc.repro.malexx.zip

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok.
Just placed those 3 in the wiki. Gonna look for more.

Great job, guys.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
A small suggestion.

I've noticed there are a lot of repos out there. Python section as a few. Skins a few more, etc.

Shouldn't we try to organize the wiki to reflect that? I mean organize repos by category.

Something like:

General repos (contains a lot of things)
Skins
Plugins
Video
etc

Also a link in the wiki to the forum thread, if available, would be nice.

What do you guys think?

h.udo

I've always wondered.. why the need for all the separate repositories?

Why not one 'unofficial' repository?
hudo Wrote:A small suggestion.

I've noticed there are a lot of repos out there. Python section as a few. Skins a few more, etc.

Shouldn't we try to organize the wiki to reflect that? I mean organize repos by category.

Something like:

General repos (contains a lot of things)
Skins
Plugins
Video
etc

Also a link in the wiki to the forum thread, if available, would be nice.

What do you guys think?

h.udo
Thanks hudo for updating the wiki.
I am not against your idea, but the risk of making categories like that is the day one repo start to do something not in its category, nobody will know.
That would be my main concern.

What we could do this is adding column with more info about the content or kind of matrix.

Eldorado Wrote:I've always wondered.. why the need for all the separate repositories?

Why not one 'unofficial' repository?
You have to ask to the each team developing addons for XBMC. It is their choice and I can understand. Some does not want to depend on other.

Also you have repositories depending on languages of countries, not everybody want to have those repositories by default.

Some addons are hosted on google code, others on Git (those need a minimum of work to make addons available but less control on what you make available), other on a real repositories as zip (such Passion XBMC repo) with more control but more work to make an addons available ...
It would be nice to have everything in one place for sure, but it is difficult to make everybody agree on where and how.
It is already nice they make their addons available, no?

Anyways there are a lot of reasons, but the thing that matter is team XBMC does not prevent to add other addons and even host the links on their wiki.

Who knows? Perhaps one day we will have on single unofficial repo, but in the meantime we have this solution.

@hudo

it would be nicer in the wiki if you could write more meaningful name (in name colum), for instance: code.google.com/p/mod-skin does not tell too much about the repo (not a biggy thus)

Thanks for the feedback.

You raised a very important point: no way to tell what a repository provides without constantly checking out what's stored there.
OK. For now we can keep the current structure. Maybe something comes up later to differentiate all the repos.

Another suggestion: one more column to provide a link to the forum release thread, if existing. If not, discussion thread is also good.

I'm currently alphabetically ordering the repositories.

After I do that, I'll update the names. Ordering and changing names does not break the scraping, right? I have to ask... sorry.

BTW, alphabetically ordering by which column? Name seems best to me.

h.udo

Thanks for doing that.
I don't think it should break the parsing, otherwise let me know I will fix it.

I think it is a good idea to add a column (this one could break the parsing but I should be able to fix it pretty quickly).

Ordering by name look good to me, it is what the addon is doing anyway, so the order in the wiki does not matter for the addon.

Love it! Nice work! Very needed.
To learn more, click here.
skare Wrote:Nice work. Any chance of an 1920x1080 for use as desktop background? Nod

That's an SS from Hackers, the original is 800x580, to 1920 looses to much quality, rent the movie and take an SS in 1080.

Temhil Wrote:- Since it is a progam addon, it does not work as a video addon so when I set the addon item info such as plot and title, it does not display when I press info (I am usually setting the info for a video addon) .
I asked on the developer section, and apparently it is like that for the program addon.
The only way to display the info is either like I did or I have to create a WindowXML that will be called and display the info (like nuka did with the SVN Repo Installer). The only problem with this option is that won't match to the design of the skin (little bit like a script if you want).

But if you know another way, please let me know I would love to do it.

What I can do for not is:
- removing the bold on the title
- making optional the description as part of the title
- making optional the color on the description in the title
- set the item info in case some skin supports it (if it is the case please let me know which one so I can test)
- add KiSUAN's fanart, is it the one you post earlier?
- I can totally add the icon if the URL is available in the wiki, it could be embedded in a image tag, in order to be displayed in html, it shouldn't be an issue to retrieve it.

I will probably to do that over the weekend, earlier if I can (or part of it)

Any other suggestion?

If I'm getting things right, creating a Window.xml is in fact what is needed, but I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you mean with "won't match to the design of the skin". You mean that if the skin doesn't have the option to display ListItem.Plot then it wouldn't be shown? I for one have coded 2 of 4 view used for addons in my MOD to fetch ListItem.Plot, don't know about every single skin, but I think that has to be pretty standard (I know I've seen ListItem.Plot in at least some views across 5 different skins) as most views are the same for every addon, be video or program, and being the same it should have ListItem.Plot for video addon and I'm planning to add ListItem.Plot for all anyway (the 2 missing now).

Yes, I uploaded the image in 1280x720 already to imageshack in my first post, just click the same.

Another thing, if you make the window.xml you could add more tags beside ListItem.Plot, such as ListItem.Writer or some similar that retrieves Owner info.

hudo Wrote:I'm currently alphabetically ordering the repositories
I was doing the same, I finished and modified already, feel free to correct my corrections.
Ahhh! You beat me to it!!
Great job. Thanks. Going to look for some more repos.

h.udo

I collected all the Icons available for the Repos listed (24 of 29) Repo Icons. But I don't have the permissions to upload the images to the wiki because I just made the account and I must wait 4 days from what I read.

So if someone can upload them please do.

And I also vote to sticky this thread instead the one is now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on1