[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on
Nice. I have uploaded only one: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File:Aeon_MQ2.jpg or [File:Aeon MQ2.jpg] in the wiki (not sure what will appear in the HTML)

Sorry I don't have time to do more tonight. I did also changes remove the bold and adding option to display or not the description with or without color.

I will make that available tomorrow (it is already in the google of passion XBMC, but not yet in the repo).

For the 'download all' and ListItem.Plot, I will look into it this weekend.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

About the WindowXML, would you know by any chance whick one is use in XBMC for displaing the info about the repository in XBMC?
That would be pretty good to reuse it for what we want to do.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

Thanks for uploading that image, at least we can begin seeing how to set up the wiki, I've added the image in a 5th column, don't know if you can fetch from that or if that's what you were asking for.

About the Window.xml, I think we are talking about "different" things. Keep in mind that I know almost nothing about python or addons whatsoever, I'm talking just from reasoning and researching.

Thing is this, when you mention the window.xml + being a program addon + that you already asked in dev section I went to the thread you made there, with that info I decided to research. I find another addon that is under the "program addon" category (I infer that's what you mean when you say "program addon") , that addon is Advance Launcher. Advance Launcher uses several tags, one of them LisitItem.Plot, I know because I coded several views for it. From what I know AVL creates a file (what I infer window.xml is) named launchers.xml in the folder C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher were it stores all the info that later gets fetched by XBMC or the skin. How to code this in the addon and the difficulty of it I don't know, I also searched for "Plot" in the AVL files finding that it's coded into launcher_plugin.py and every datas_scraper.py. I think the second (datas_scraper.py) is not very relevant as it should be the fetch from the web and all data and the important things for you should be in the launcher_plugin.py, that must specify were to save the info, how and all that, launchers.xml in this case I suppose.

Well, pretty much all guessing from my part, as I told you early I have no idea of python, addons, so it wouldn't be strange I'm completely wrong. I just wanted to explain as thorough as possible to avoid more confusion/mistakes and don't waste your time.
Version 1.0.2 available in Passion-XBMc repository:

Changelog:
Code:
2011-03-17 Version 1.0.2 by Temhil
- Added option to add or not description from title
- Added option for activating or not color of description (set it by default)
- Removed Bold Title

KiSUAN Wrote:Thanks for uploading that image, at least we can begin seeing how to set up the wiki, I've added the image in a 5th column, don't know if you can fetch from that or if that's what you were asking for.
Thanks for adding the column for image.
Looking at the generated HTMl it is possible we are going to have a problem thus. Since the image has been resized, the URL availbale is the on of the thumb: http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/8/8b/A...on_MQ2.jpg and not the one of the real sized image (which we want for the addon): http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/8/8b/Aeon_MQ2.jpg

It seems this the only difference in the URL is /thumb/ so if it the case for all the image we should be good. I will look at it this weekend if I can

KiSUAN Wrote:About the Window.xml, I think we are talking about "different" things. Keep in mind that I know almost nothing about python or addons whatsoever, I'm talking just from reasoning and researching.

Thing is this, when you mention the window.xml + being a program addon + that you already asked in dev section I went to the thread you made there, with that info I decided to research. I find another addon that is under the "program addon" category (I infer that's what you mean when you say "program addon") , that addon is Advance Launcher. Advance Launcher uses several tags, one of them LisitItem.Plot, I know because I coded several views for it. From what I know AVL creates a file (what I infer window.xml is) named launchers.xml in the folder C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher were it stores all the info that later gets fetched by XBMC or the skin. How to code this in the addon and the difficulty of it I don't know, I also searched for "Plot" in the AVL files finding that it's coded into launcher_plugin.py and every datas_scraper.py. I think the second (datas_scraper.py) is not very relevant as it should be the fetch from the web and all data and the important things for you should be in the launcher_plugin.py, that must specify were to save the info, how and all that, launchers.xml in this case I suppose.

Well, pretty much all guessing from my part, as I told you early I have no idea of python, addons, so it wouldn't be strange I'm completely wrong. I just wanted to explain as thorough as possible to avoid more confusion/mistakes and don't waste your time.
Thank for the info, I will look into it. I think in all the case I will have to create or adapt an existing windowXML for the Info view about a repo.

That the reason why I am wondering which WIndowXML is used in the skin in order to create the Window for displaying info about a repo, my guess is I can almost reuse it as it is and I would have to do it only for the main skins.

That will come probably later on when I will have more time, I didn't do WindowXML for a while :o.

for the image column, why not add a url to the repo image in the svn repo?

i've done this for xbmc-adult on the unofficial repos page as an example.

no one really needs the icons when browsing the wiki page (especially that small), its only in xbmc that it is of any use.

also its a lot of work uploading every image to the wiki.
anarchintosh Wrote:for the image column, why not add a url to the repo image in the svn repo?

no one really needs the icons when browsing the wiki page (especially that small), its only in xbmc that it is of any use.

Yes I think too it would be the best, so when we have the icon available somewhere else we put the direct link to it, and for the one available in the wiki we put also the direct link (without thumb display) instead of [file:myicon.png], so the addon will take the direct URL as it without caring about the location (wiki or outside).

Looking good, guys. Great work.
I also agree that the icon link is far better than showing the icon so small. No real use for it in the wiki anyway.

@Temhil, I started adding an extra column with the forum/support threads to every repo listed. I will not upload it to the wiki before it's ready because, from previous posts, I understand it will brake the add-on.

What do you suggest to have it broken for the least amount of time? I add the extra column and immediately warn you so you can change the code?

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:Looking good, guys. Great work.
I also agree that the icon link is far better than showing the icon so small. No real use for it in the wiki anyway.

@Temhil, I started adding an extra column with the forum/support threads to every repo listed. I will not upload it to the wiki before it's ready because, from previous posts, I understand it will brake the add-on.

What do you suggest to have it broken for the least amount of time? I add the extra column and immediately warn you so you can change the code?

h.udo
If you add it after the repo URL so instead of after the icon column that shouldn't break anything.
You can test it and if it does not work you can always revert the change in the wiki, otherwise we will need to synchronize, but it shouldn't be a big deal ti make the change, the only think I don't always have access to XBMC, so it could be few hours before I make the changes

Thanks. I'll do it as you suggest.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
anarchintosh Wrote:for the image column, why not add a url to the repo image in the svn repo?

I was just adding the column and placed the image just because, I don't care what's displayed in the wiki, image, link or whatever. The best option for me would be nothing, make a column that's hidden, but don't know if possible and if it could be fetched by the add-on.

Most images are not available in the Repos SVN/Git, only via download, name/path and other variables of external links could change also, so I think uploading them to the wiki is by far more safe plus heterogeneous, avoiding any other thing that could go wrong.

Temhil Wrote:Thank for the info, I will look into it. I think in all the case I will have to create or adapt an existing windowXML for the Info view about a repo.

That the reason why I am wondering which WIndowXML is used in the skin in order to create the Window for displaying info about a repo, my guess is I can almost reuse it as it is and I would have to do it only for the main skins.

That will come probably later on when I will have more time, I didn't do WindowXML for a while :o.

I think I get what you mean with winowxml and the reference of jmarshall to "doable as a script module", something like what cdscript use https://github.com/Giftie/script.cdartma...ns/Default or NextAired http://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/so...253Dclosed use.

Anyway I must say I prefer a solution were you just provide the info assigned to a infolabel and the skin use it, like Advance Launcher does. Providing the info with infolabels available for addons, like ListItem.Property(Addon.XXXX), will make the "Repositories Installer Add-on" compatible with any skin from the go without interfering with the look of the same. For me that's by far, much better solution that having a "default" skin for the addon (or script) like the ones Next and CdArt use, that end being ugly things that almost never suit any skin.

Hope I made myself more clear this time and that I finally understand what you mean with windowxml.
Sorry KiSUAN,

I am not sure I fully understand, what you mean, I quickly looked at the code of the advanced launcher but I didn't see how or where we set info for the skins.

I am already settings those info but the skin does not use it in case of program.

I quickly test the launcher but I didn't go until the point you would see info displayed. Would you have screenshot? That could be helpful.

When you are talking about script addon it is not exactly what I mean but part of it, mostly it is a plugin with a UI part coded as a script, those you mentioned are only script, but you are right that the same idea.

I am totally ok to try your way, but I have never heard about a way of doing it with a addon program.

Ok, no problem, I can try to explain more, just keep I'm mind I don't really know how it works in the add-on code side, I know how to skin/xml code.

Here you have one of the views I made for AVL

Here is the code for that View Viewtype_Arcade.xml

So this view is in my Skin MOD, the one in my Signature.

AVL, as the file in my "C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons" folder says (plugin.program.advanced.launcher) is a program add-on, same as yours (plugin.program.repo.installer). So I'm inferring that if it's possible for AVL, the same applies to every program addon.

From that addon (AVL), as it's shown in the SS, I'm fetching:

ListItem.Icon
ListItem.Label
ListItem.Trailer
listitem.property(fanart_image)
ListItem.Studio
ListItem.Premiered
ListItem.Genre

As far as I understand AVL scrapes the info from XXX web/database, same as or similar as you are doing with the wiki I suppose. But the info is stored in a xml file in the path C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.

That file were info scraped is stored is name launcher.xml, here is a pastebin for my launcher.xml, that's the file that AVL makes and were stores the info about the launchers I have.

From that file it seems AVL tells XBMC/skin to fetch the info that is linked to specified infolabels through AVL.

I don't know exactly how your addon works, but I suppose it fetches the info form the wiki, stores in some cache, from were later XBMC/skin fetches, for what only a very limited amount of infolabels are aveilable/coded. That's were I suppose lies the difference and how AVL does it, establishing that "laucnher.xml".

I just know that many of the infolabels available for AVL now didn`t "existed" in a beginning of the add-on, and the developer add/coded them by request and "will", linking XXX infolabel to XXX info as it he saw fit. Maybe this is only possible for this type of special addon were a launcher is made.

I will try to contact Angel and ask if what I'm guessing is so, and if what I'm asking you is possible, perhaps he could point you in the right direction and explain how in much easier way.
So, I've had a little chat with Angel and it seems it's not possible, so just forget about my request.
Thanks anyway, it was interesting to see what is doable.
I tried yesterday to do an ActivateWindow in order to use DialogAddonInfo.xml the addon view and in the plugin code I was setting the addon info:

Code:
liz.setProperty("Addon.Name",itemInfo["name"])
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Version","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Summary","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Description",itemInfo["description"])
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Type","repository")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Creator","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Disclaimer","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Changelog","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.ID","")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Status","Stable")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Broken","Stable")
        liz.setProperty("Addon.Path","")

c_items = [ ( "Repo Info", 'XBMC.ActivateWindow(146)') ]
        liz.addContextMenuItems( c_items )

but when the addon info was displayed it was the last addon displayed in xbmc addon manager that was displayed, the information on the selected ListItem wasn't displayed.

Mostly what I have to do it created a WindowXML using most of DialogAddonInfo.xml, it is some work, but that doable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on1