[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on
yes, it's to avoid the need to restart.

use xbmc.executebuiltin()
Perfect, is there a way to check if the command is available or should i check on the revision number?
BTW what is XBMC revision number including this feature?

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

we don't have revisions any more, the revision is the hash from the url i gave..

just check the python version;

Code:
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon('xbmc.python')
if addon.getAddonVersion('version') == "2.0":
  print "it's around"
else:
  print "it's not around"

keeping compatibility with all sorts of nightlies is simply not worth the effort.
Just to let you know the parsing of the wiki page is probably broken because of the adding of Lucifurious Repo. Since no URL for the zip has been addon this makes the addon fail while parsing the wiki page.
We can either remove this line or I need to come with a fix, but it won't be today, I don't have currently time.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Any chance you could have a setting to turn-off the 'need to restart message'? Or detect Python version and automatically disable it.
Would you mind having a look why the latest unofficial repo here ( repository.MaxMustermann.xbmc-1.0.0.zip ) is extracted in a folder with the zip's name, which contains another folder with the addon.xml, thus not being detected by XBMC ?
Happens in both ATV2 (from my signature) and WinXP with 10.0-1 Dharma.
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
I've posted on the SportsDevil thread, after taking a look the only difference in his addon.xml to mine is the "zip" and "compressed" fields are set to true where as I have them set to false so I presume it's one of those causing the problem.
EDIT: never mind, seems to be working after all.
Why isn't this added to the official xbmc repo?
Does this still work on Eden Beta 3? I tried it and it installs, but it just sits on "Retrieving 0 Items" forever, no movement on progress bar either.

I searched the web but I couldn't find anything recent and my best guess was that it's not yet compatible with Eden Beta 3 so I decided to ask here.
javier911 Wrote:Does this still work on Eden Beta 3? I tried it and it installs, but it just sits on "Retrieving 0 Items" forever, no movement on progress bar either.

I searched the web but I couldn't find anything recent and my best guess was that it's not yet compatible with Eden Beta 3 so I decided to ask here.
I'd also like to know if it works with the latest Eden RCs.
(2012-03-03, 21:54)OccupyCouch Wrote: I'd also like to know if it works with the latest Eden RCs.

I believe I used it the other day to install something.

I have more of a request. Can this program be set to mark installed repositories as watched? By that i mean put a little checkmark by them?

it would be cool to include the hub.gosub.dk list of repo's too if they approve.
Hi Temhil,

Thank you for amazing plugin! This is huge time saver. I was always amazed how great XMBC software is and how stone-age process of adding repositories is. It's beyond my understanding why every time I select repository file I have to be kicked out of menu and browser to the file again and again. So, once more, thank you for this!

I have few suggestions. I'm not sure if they have been discussed somewhere else already, or how difficult they are to implement, but I just wanted to share these ideas with you. I hope they could make process of adding repositories even easier and your plugin default addon for XMBC repository maintenance (because that's what it is for me now).

Here it is:
  • Remove last "Restart Message". I think it's redundant especially when we are installing multiple repositories at once. Maybe this message can be merged with first popup if necessary.
  • Make "Yes" as default for first popup because that's what we click 99% of time. There is no need to have that extra left click.
  • "Installed checkmark" for repositories would be nice to have.
  • Is it possible to have uninstall option? This way you could have default XBMC "On/Off" state marker in the right column for every repository.
  • "Install all" button would be nice to have, maybe at a top of the list window.
  • I noticed while I was installing repositories that plugin would retrieve information again every few minutes. I'm not sure if this is bug or feature.

Thanks!
I need to change my link to https://github.com/downloads/vikjon0/qf-...-1.0.1.zip
But the spam filter wont let and there are some notes about a wrapper.

My old repo was actually dead for quite some while. This reincarnation contains my new network manager front-end for xbmc Eden.
Hey, I found a problem with this addon not installing some repositories. I reported the issue here:

https://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/i...tail?id=20

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on1