Got streaming but no audio at all
Hello

First post here and I'm hoping someone can help me past the last hurdle of getting streaming working from an airdisk to XBMC.

I recently JBd my ATV1 and added the latest version of XBMC. I have an airdisk connected to an AEBS.

After much hair pulling, struggling and searching I finally found a post on here that explained how to add my airdisk as an smb source and I now have the video streaming working! but.... I have no audio at all on any kind of file.

My ATV is connected via HDMI directly to a Sony Bravia and I only need basic 2 channel sound.

I know sound is basically working as XBMC video addons work fine with no audio issues, but no sound whatsoever on my airdisk streams.

I tried changing the sound settings from analog to HDMI (turned off the surround options) but that didn't help.

Apologies if this has been answered before - I tried searching and found lots of threads on getting surround working but couldn't find any on problems with basic 2 channel sound.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any more info, just let me know. Thanks

EDIT: Sorry - missed the bit about adding a thread prefix and can't edit that unfortunately...
Just to add:

Paltform: ATV1
Launcher: 3.2.3
Installed by Launcher
XBMC 10.1 Dharma

No audio with multiple tested MKVs, DVD ISOs, VOBs or AVI/AC3 files
OK so it turns out I do get sound until I play a certain type of file which kills the sound and the ATV needs to be restarted to get it back...

So I guess I am suffering from the problem in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76415&page=5

justjacker posted that the solution was "switching Dolby Digital Out to OFF in the ATV Audio & Video Settings and disabling the AC3 Passthrough on the ATV Maintenance menu"

No problem with the first part, but what/where is the ATV maintenance menu?

thanks
it should be under the settings menu, then audio and video. in the atv front end, before you access xbmc in the launcher.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got streaming but no audio at all0