XBMC almost working finally... buffering movie wall files / freeze on exit
Hey guys, long time viewer... ive been messing around with XBMC for a while now, its been more of a love/hate relationship up till now with me loving the interface but having problems with bugs and quirks...

Anyway i think im finally making headway with it on 10.1 though all the bugs still remained from 10.0.

I believe crash on exit is fixed now, for anyone else interested in my fix > Right click properties on the XBMC.exe > run in compatibility mode (windows 2000) > Disable visual themes > Disable desktop composition > Disable display scaling on high DPI settings > Also run as administrator.

Now the majority of these did nothing but i used them anyway, however running it under 2000 compatibility mode finally stopped mine freezing on exit and works reliably now. No other fix has worked up till this point Sad

Now the final issue before i can trust XBMC to replace my popcorn...

When i add shares through videos i can play them instantly all the time in basic list form, however now i have added them into movie wall, all movies will sit there buffering for 20sec or so before starting, XBMC has done this at random since the start and it is very annoying. This applies to SMB/FTP shares also with no difference.

Now my server runs a MTU of 9000 so it set it to 1500 for a test the same as my HTPC and it was buffering constantly. Now no other device on my network has this issue and any other program on the HTPC has no issue either? Any advice on this one?

cheers Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC almost working finally... buffering movie wall files / freeze on exit0