[AEON MQ2] Random image function not working all of a sudden?
HI Guys

I have bee using MQ2 for a while now but today I was browsing around and all of a sudden a menu called CINEMA appeared in my main menu between TV Shows and Movie and also both movie and TV Shows are showing black background.

If I turn off the option to show random images for TV Show aor Movie then the original MQ2 images for each appear but if I set back to random images it only shows a black background, no image whatsoever.

Can anybody help on how I can solve the issue?

Also I thought I might take the chance to report some bugs in recently added feature. It seems to be showing the latest added unseen movie/episode rather than just the latest added movie/episode. It's a bit annoying because it keeps showing that the recently added stuff is some old stuff which I havent watched it but what I added latest is not shown because it has been watched. Also when I originally added a movie it thought it was the wrong movie (And also downloaded wrong fanart) so I manually reloaded the info and choose the correct movie but the recently added picture still keeps showing the picture for the old info (With the correct movie name).

Regards
Alethenorio
Looks like it was a bug which was fixed on revision 101 (I had to manually replace the xml file, I am not sure how to check my revision number but I do have updates on automatic).

The recently added bugs are still valid input though.

Thanks for the great skin.
Big Grin 
Alethenorio Wrote:Looks like it was a bug which was fixed on revision 101 (I had to manually replace the xml file, I am not sure how to check my revision number but I do have updates on automatic).

The recently added bugs are still valid input though.

Thanks for the great skin.

Hello, what´s version XBMC, look this post...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=749...count=3028
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hmm I didn't find anything about how to see the version and revision number in that post but it does mention the recentlyadded addon. Does that pack fixes the issue I mentioned above?
I'm having the same issue but even after updating to 10.1 it's still not working. And tips?
A friend had the same issue on Windows 7 - 64bit. A Windows update resolved his issue, worth a try maybe?
The fix is:

VERY IMPORTANT:

In version 2.7.1, many commands then changed or are no longer used, so to ensure that your skin works well (fast), after installing the skin is strongly recommended deleting the file guisettings.xml that is inside the folder:

C: \ Users \ youruser \ AppData \ Roaming \ XBMC \ userdata
The exact same thing happened on my Mac mini 2010 when I updated yesterday. I also have problems playing movies that are in rars. XMBC totally freeze up. My TV shows that comes in mkv's plays fine though.

Weird, I'm going to try to apply the windows fix on my Mac when I get home.
I should've mentioned I'm running Ubuntu.

I tried deleting guisettings.xml but it's still a no go. Also, if anyone else wants to try that don't forget to make a back up first. Fortunately I did.
All I did to fix it was to replace my Include_backgrounds.xml file with the one posted by Marcos here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=750...count=3092

After that I opened XBMC, went to the options to turn on and off random images and turned it off, then turned it on (To be honest I think I left it off before quitting XBMC and replacing the xml so I just turned it on after starting XBMC). This should show a message showing the amount of processed movies and series. If it says 0 then it didn't work.
Alethenorio Wrote:All I did to fix it was to replace my Include_backgrounds.xml file with the one posted by Marcos here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=750...count=3092

After that I opened XBMC, went to the options to turn on and off random images and turned it off, then turned it on (To be honest I think I left it off before quitting XBMC and replacing the xml so I just turned it on after starting XBMC). This should show a message showing the amount of processed movies and series. If it says 0 then it didn't work.

Thanks for the reply Alethenorio. That worked. Unfortunately it looks like that link Marcos posted is dead. I ended up having to download the whole skin again and just take the includes_backgrounds.xml file from that and replace mine. A bit convoluted but at least it worked!

For anyone else who's doing this, the includes_backgrounds.xml file is in the 720p folder.
This has been resolved, was posted on the main topic on the first page.

Version 2.7.1 revision 103 available.

Fix - Black screen using Fanart Splitter.
Fix - Black screen using Weather Backdrop based on current conditions. (only in Window MyWeather)
Fix - ShowCase and Multiplex no selectable for Video Files.
Fix - Flag Watched for Multiplex Landscape.

The upgrade should be done by the Updater:

Add-ons> setup> enable automatic skin updates.

Restart XBMC and wait approx 1 minute.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I enabled automatic skin updates, per Marcos, which appears to be the easiest way to fix this issue. I didn't see this topic in the thread on the main page, even though I looked through it. That's a big thread!

I love the update to the skin. Very slick. I didn't think this skin could get any better. I showed my friends and the fact that this is free blew their minds.

I'll probably turn off auto update now and make sure I read through the main thread before updating next time, to be prudent.

Thanks for working so hard on this great skin, Marcos!
Could anyone post the xml (dead url) and the path that it should be stored in?

I'm still having issues with fanarts after the update. I was able to get fanarts for my TV Shows by disabling and enabling fanarts in the settings. I could see that it found 13 shows but no movies in the progress bar. Same issue as I managed to solve with a sneaky workaround in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95766.

I have also set automatic skin update, restarted XBMC and I have waited quite some time now but there are still no fanarts for movies.

It would be a pain to do my workaround again, not to mention I have to do it with every movie I add to my library.
blumman Wrote:Could anyone post the xml (dead url) and the path that it should be stored in?

I'm still having issues with fanarts after the update. I was able to get fanarts for my TV Shows by disabling and enabling fanarts in the settings. I could see that it found 13 shows but no movies in the progress bar. Same issue as I managed to solve with a sneaky workaround in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95766.

I have also set automatic skin update, restarted XBMC and I have waited quite some time now but there are still no fanarts for movies.

It would be a pain to do my workaround again, not to mention I have to do it with every movie I add to my library.

This should work:

http://rapidshare.com/files/453252421/In...rounds.xml

Just replace the one in your 720p folder with that.

As for the automatic skin update, at first I thought mine wasn't working either. Maybe just turn it on and forget about it and eventually it should work, I think. But either way, replacing that file should do the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON MQ2] Random image function not working all of a sudden?0