[AEON MQ2] Random image function not working all of a sudden?
Joe4TheRecord Wrote:This should work:

http://rapidshare.com/files/453252421/In...rounds.xml

Just replace the one in your 720p folder with that.

As for the automatic skin update, at first I thought mine wasn't working either. Maybe just turn it on and forget about it and eventually it should work, I think. But either way, replacing that file should do the trick.

I don't think the automatic skin update works for me. I have been up to almost 4 am two days now trying to figure it out. My mac have been online 24/7 so it should have updated by now. I decided to completely remove xbmc from the mac and did a fresh install. That didn't work either. My TV Shows still comes up fine. The movie fanart is there because I see it in the multiplex view but they just wont show up in the main menu, unless I manually download the fanart for each movie.

I have tired both the TMDB and IMDB scraper. I prefer the IMDB scraper because it finds more trailders than TMDB. However after the latest IMDB update xbmc freeze on any movie that I try to play. I have to force quit xbmc. If I rescrape my movies with TMDB it works but then I don't have all trailers. Bah!!

After the re-installation of xbmc I noticed that I no longer can use the multiplex view for my TV Shows. :mad:

I have downloaded the xml (thanks) but I don't have one already so I don't know where to put it. I don't know if you are using a mac or windows but I assume that once you locate the xbmc folder the sub folder structure should be the same as in Windows. Could you perhaps provide the full path to where I should save the xml?

Worth to mention is that my shows are *.mkv and my movies *.rar

Btw, I need to say I really love this skin despite my odd problems wtih it.
blumman Wrote:I don't think the automatic skin update works for me. I have been up to almost 4 am two days now trying to figure it out. My mac have been online 24/7 so it should have updated by now. I decided to completely remove xbmc from the mac and did a fresh install. That didn't work either. My TV Shows still comes up fine. The movie fanart is there because I see it in the multiplex view but they just wont show up in the main menu, unless I manually download the fanart for each movie.

I have tired both the TMDB and IMDB scraper. I prefer the IMDB scraper because it finds more trailders than TMDB. However after the latest IMDB update xbmc freeze on any movie that I try to play. I have to force quit xbmc. If I rescrape my movies with TMDB it works but then I don't have all trailers. Bah!!

After the re-installation of xbmc I noticed that I no longer can use the multiplex view for my TV Shows. :mad:

I have downloaded the xml (thanks) but I don't have one already so I don't know where to put it. I don't know if you are using a mac or windows but I assume that once you locate the xbmc folder the sub folder structure should be the same as in Windows. Could you perhaps provide the full path to where I should save the xml?

Worth to mention is that my shows are *.mkv and my movies *.rar

Btw, I need to say I really love this skin despite my odd problems wtih it.

I'm running Ubuntu, but I bet you're right with the folder structure being the same.

xbmc > addons > skin.aeonmq2 > 720p > Includes_Backgrounds.xml

Hope that works out for you. I don't think I have any movies as .rar but I expect that should still work fine. Why are they .rar? HD?

If you can't get multiplex for your TV shows to work, you might consider trying out the new banner view that was added in the last update. It looks really slick. I just switched my TV shows to the Banner 2 setting. You'll have to change all the thumbs to banner but it's worth it.
Joe4TheRecord Wrote:I'm running Ubuntu, but I bet you're right with the folder structure being the same.

xbmc > addons > skin.aeonmq2 > 720p > Includes_Backgrounds.xml

Hope that works out for you. I don't think I have any movies as .rar but I expect that should still work fine. Why are they .rar? HD?

If you can't get multiplex for your TV shows to work, you might consider trying out the new banner view that was added in the last update. It looks really slick. I just switched my TV shows to the Banner 2 setting. You'll have to change all the thumbs to banner but it's worth it.

Thanks for the path. For some reason I already had the file but it did not come up when I searched for it. Unfortunately it didn't correct my fanart problem. :confused2:

I had issues with movie fanart's in 10.0 so the main problem is most likely not related to the new skin update. However, the fanart that I manually downloaded before disappeared after the update.

Maybe I should create a new thread for this but I'll try my luck here. Something isn't downloading/moving the fanart to the correct place. If I swith off/on the fanart in settings I can see that a pop-up bar appears. It says it's processing 0 movies & 12 shows.

So I figured this out. All the '*.tbn' files are stored 'XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/' . The amount of files reflect my shows and movies together. The images reflect the fanart that is shown in movie multiplex view and tv shows view. If I delete this cache it will be restored once I re-scrape my library. So far so good.

I also noticed that there were 12 'tbn' files in 'XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.video-fanart-splitter/TV/'. So I suspect that this is where the random tv show fanart is stored.

There are no 'tbn' files in the second folder called movies located in 'XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.video-fanart-splitter/Movies/'. So this must be the reason why the random movie fanart doesn't work. Now what the heck is triggering an automatic download of these files?

Like I said, I have tried both TMDB and IMDB were IMDB no longer work for me. I've done a clean install as well of XBMC.

I hope that the answer to the question will be the solution. Big Grin

Edit: I'm using rar's because it's an habit, it's easier to do crc checks on small files as I copy a lot over my network.
I decided to delete my fanart cache as I'd made several changes that weren't being updated on the home screen, but now my TV Shows and Movies backgrounds are blank, I just get a black screen. I'm on the latest version of the skin, and I've got the random fanart options on.

I've tried turning the random fanart options off and on again but it just keeps on saying 0 processed for both films and tv shows. In fact, that message will only pop up if only one of them is set to on, and then only the first time one of them is set to on.

Any ideas? Sad

Also, just FYI, if you go to addons - aeon mq2 you can't scroll up to update/configure/disable/uninstall.
Ah, my bad - I had to redownload all my fanart. Works now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON MQ2] Random image function not working all of a sudden?0