XBMC 10.1 crashes on exit.
XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7, 32-bit SP1 build 7601.
Intel® Atom™ CPU 330 @ 1.60GHz

Anytime I try to exit XBMC, it crashes !!!

Has anyone else experienced this ?
What do you mean by "crashes". Do you get a Windows dialog saying there's been an application error?

JR
I know on mine it simply stops responding when I try and shutdown XMBC. The problem is annoyingly intermittent and has been occurring in 10.0 and 10.1. As suggested in another thread, I did turn off Aero. I also installed a custom build of 10.1 from one of the developers that is suppose to address an issue that caused one set of hangs. Neither resolved my issue. I need to make some time to turn on debugging so I can capture one of these crashes.
I have been having the same issues as you up till now, not sure what bugs were exactly fixed in 10.1 as nothing seems fixed really?

Try this, it finally fixed my exit crash issue on 10.1...

Right click properties on the XBMC.exe > run in compatibility mode (windows 2000) > Disable visual themes > Disable desktop composition > Disable display scaling on high DPI settings > Also run as administrator.

Not all settings are required really i found the compatibility mode: win2000 fixed it mostly, but the other settings done hurt... mine either exits instantly now or will do so in 5-10sec max if its doing something. It also seems to have resolved half my network share issues...
Rainbow 
Thanks for your suggestions, I have tried them and unfortunately it did not resolve my issue.

Here is the info from the event log. Not sure why it states XBMC v10.1 it states 10.0.0.0.

Faulting application name: XBMC.exe, version: 10.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d76cc6c
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b96e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00032239
Faulting process id: 0x1540
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe31805c0c0b8
Faulting application path: D:\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 8a0ce0c3-4f0b-11e0-b83b-90e6ba9d56bc
pkscuot Wrote:As suggested in another thread, I did turn off Aero. I also installed a custom build of 10.1 from one of the developers that is suppose to address an issue that caused one set of hangs. Neither resolved my issue. I need to make some time to turn on debugging so I can capture one of these crashes.

Assuming you mean my build at http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/XBMC/ I have recently improved the logging. I would be interested to see a debug log from this version if it hangs.

To turn on debug logging with out the annoying stuff at the top of the screen create an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder. A quick way to do this is to press Windows-R, and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

and click Yes if you're asked to create a new file. Paste in:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

There's no problem with leaving the debug logging permanently on.

JR
jdandc Wrote:Here is the info from the event log. Not sure why it states XBMC v10.1 it states 10.0.0.0.

Ah yes, the "file version" field has been left at 10.0.0.0. Oops :-)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.1 crashes on exit.0