Actions/KeyMap and Remote Question
I've got a CE Compass MCE Remote that is working great, but there are two functions I'd like to change and haven't figured it out.

The "i" button (info) sends a right mouse click which appears to be useless in XBMC. Is there a way to change (through registry?) what code that button is sending? Or some easy way that doesn't involve using EventGhost just for 1 button?

Also, is there any way to map a button perform the "Add to Favourites" function that you find in the menu? It would be a good way for the wife and kids to save their fav shows/movies through a quick keypress.

Thanks guys!!
likelinus Wrote:I've got a CE Compass MCE Remote that is working great, but there are two functions I'd like to change and haven't figured it out.

The "i" button (info) sends a right mouse click which appears to be useless in XBMC. Is there a way to change (through registry?) what code that button is sending? Or some easy way that doesn't involve using EventGhost just for 1 button?

Also, is there any way to map a button perform the "Add to Favourites" function that you find in the menu? It would be a good way for the wife and kids to save their fav shows/movies through a quick keypress.

Thanks guys!!

I can help you with the "i" button if you do not mind installing AutoHotkey programming based very light weight app, uses almost no resources and there is nothing to configure, I use it to write scripts available on my site :-)

As for the second question, I have no idea sorry.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I can help you with the "i" button if you do not mind installing AutoHotkey programming based very light weight app, uses almost no resources and there is nothing to configure, I use it to write scripts available on my site :-)

As for the second question, I have no idea sorry.

Cheers,
EG.

I'm already using AutoHotKey from your tutorial on getting the green start key to function with XBMC startup. So I'm all ears on how to do it!!! Do tell!
I don't think there is an "Add to favourites" action that you can use in a keymap.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't think there is an "Add to favourites" action that you can use in a keymap.

JR

I didn't think so. I did some searching before I asked and couldn't find anything. Oh well, thanks for the help.

I would use the Queue feature w/ the Now Playing list, but when you close XBMC you lose the list. It would be nice if XBMC autosaved the Now Playing playlist. It doesn't bother me to do that, but I can't rely on my wife and kids to do that. Smile

EG - Any update on the AutoHotKey script?

Thanks again for all your help guys.
likelinus Wrote:I didn't think so. I did some searching before I asked and couldn't find anything. Oh well, thanks for the help.

I would use the Queue feature w/ the Now Playing list, but when you close XBMC you lose the list. It would be nice if XBMC autosaved the Now Playing playlist. It doesn't bother me to do that, but I can't rely on my wife and kids to do that. Smile

EG - Any update on the AutoHotKey script?

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Sorry for the delay, I just was a bit busy Rolleyes

It's fairly easy to do, I did it in the past for other poeple in my thread! If I remember correctly its posted on page 25 on my thread.

Anyways download this zip file it contains the script that you need, which should fix your "i" button on your remote. it will only activate when XBMC is active so that it wont render your right mouse button click useless outside XBMC. :-)

Just put the script in your windows All users startup folder so that it works everytime you start windows. Double click it for the first time to activate.

Cheers,
EG.
No problem and sorry if I bothered you.

Thanks for the tip! I will install it tonight after work. I really appreciate all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actions/KeyMap and Remote Question0