Understanding XBMC and External Players and General Playback Stuttering
Alright, I'm stumped and evidently I don't get how XBMC and external players work. I'm running XBMC 10.0 on a Win7 Ultimate box. I'm streaming content from an UnRaid NAS. I have an nVidia GT430 card in my HTPC. I'm using MPC as an external player and have the playercorefactory.xml file configured to call MPC whenever an m2ts file is played.

Last night I tried watching a movie (m2ts file), MPC started up, started playing the movie and started briefly stuttering every few seconds. I thought perhaps MPC was the problem so I played the file with the built-in DVDPlayer ... same result. I checked to make sure that I had dxva enabled, it was.

The weird thing is that when I exited XBMC and played the file with MPC, no stuttering. It played flawlessly.

So, I'm stumped. First, I'm annoyed that XBMC isn't playing the movies even though dxva is enabled and secondly I'm completely lost on why an external player works when run "stand-a-lone" but not when called by XBMC.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any ideas on how to fix this? Here's a pastebin of the xbmc.log file:

http://pastebin.com/PCKDtsmq

I'm pretty confident that the lines like the following are the problem:

Quote:21:11:20 T:3924 M:2954850304 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
21:11:48 T:3840 M:2970173440 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
21:11:52 T:3924 M:2976403456 WARNING: Previous line repeats 16 times.

Seems like XBMC isn't getting the data it needs as fast as it needs it. Like I said though, it doesn't make sense (to me at least) that MPC plays the movie fine when launched on its own but stutters when launched from inside of XBMC.

Again, any insight or suggestions would be very appreciated. I'm a bit bummed that my new HTPC set-up that looks so mint because of XBMC, isn't playing my files properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Understanding XBMC and External Players and General Playback Stuttering0