Crystal HD slow playback
So I installed pin87a's minimal ubuntu on my apple tv and i can't get 720p or 1080p to playback smoothly. Sometimes the audio doesn't work either.

I tried updating the driver and xbmc but i get a read-only file system error..

any idea on what to do to fix this?

Thanks alot!
no one has experienced this before?

when i tried to create the bootdisk from windows it was stuck at the 'waiting for root file system' so i tried to make it in osx under terminal and everything worked nicely and it let me clone the disk. now i'm thinking by creating it in mac os that the file system somehow got protected so i think i just need to know how to change it from a read-only file system to a executable one.

anyone?
also i have the *15 broadcom crystalhd card
Sorry mate but cannot help you Sad. I just feel for you as in this forum you don't always get answers (I still have a few open questions myself like how to run skype or any gui app directly from the command line).

I don't think the card should be a problem although I have the feeling I have seen someone else complain about the 15 model. You should probably give Sam's new image a go and see how you go. It actually has an updater that should update XBMC to the newest version.

Download the latest image that Sam put online and create a USB stick. I don't think you need anything else and it should work straight except for sound. Make sure you select Analog for the sound if you are using HDMI (it works better in mine).

Let us know how you go.

K.
kar200 Wrote:Sorry mate but cannot help you Sad. I just feel for you as in this forum you don't always get answers (I still have a few open questions myself like how to run skype or any gui app directly from the command line).

I don't think the card should be a problem although I have the feeling I have seen someone else complain about the 15 model. You should probably give Sam's new image a go and see how you go. It actually has an updater that should update XBMC to the newest version.

Download the latest image that Sam put online and create a USB stick. I don't think you need anything else and it should work straight except for sound. Make sure you select Analog for the sound if you are using HDMI (it works better in mine).

Let us know how you go.

K.

hey thanks! i figured it out sorta by temporarily allowing read write access to the drive by using

Code:
mount -o remount rw /

this let me update pin87a using the instructions provided here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=571...tcount=668

the playback still isn't smooth but it is better, like you said i will try sam's image tonight
fahadmp Wrote:hey thanks! i figured it out sorta by temporarily allowing read write access to the drive by using

Code:
mount -o remount rw /

this let me update pin87a using the instructions provided here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=571...tcount=668

the playback still isn't smooth but it is better, like you said i will try sam's image tonight

I just though of something, do you have the Crystal card enabled in XBMC? maybe turn on the debugging and it should show you the CPU usage and if it is high during playback it may means that the Crystal HD is not enabled (it is somehwere in the options).

The debugging give you a pretty long log file that you might want to have a look at although last time I tried I have not been able to crack the da vinci code inside.

K.
Please post a debug log (don't forget to turn on debug logging).
I didn't get a chance to try the debugging suggestion but what I did do was use openelec.tv's xbmc image and now everything is playing back smoothly. It has some bugs in it but at least I can stream 1080p now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD slow playback0