• 4(current)
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml
I honestly think most people who even have the refresh rate setting enabled are computer nerds and don't actually see it enough themselfs it took to me moths to come to grips it was a bug I think the way the patch is written now is fine if your savvy enough to use 24htz and see the delay u can most likely edit an XML I do think it should be merged as is into master though I have it merged how do I set up a PR?
Quote:I honestly think most people who even have the refresh rate setting enabled are computer nerds

"Video Purists" or "Videophiles" is les derogatory Laugh

It's and ADVANCED SETTING for advanced users indeed.

Who has the clout to bring this to the table with the devs?
i'm trying to set up a PR as we speak. only issue i'm having is i'm very new to git. i am a bit confused with something.

ok when i first used this patch i just made a diff patch of the one specific commit for global av delay, but now that diff patch no longer works which i understand is because of it being a stright byte for byte diff patch so i did a fetch of a1599s repo and then merged that commit, or so i thought, everyhing works but when i look at my log there are two other commits that came with the merge (even though i thought i chose one specific one?, or is that what cherry picking is for?) about mastraka timestamps and demuxing or something. now i know from using the diff patch these two commits are NOT needed. so i really dont want to change code i dont have to so what i'm asking is are those parent commits and because i used a diff patch they werent including and if so do i need them and if not how to remove them?
made a PR

heres the link

657 (PR)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/657

Thanks for this! Laugh

In a perfect world would be really cool would be to not let this fall in the cracks so it gets in EDEN!

What I understand is that they're open, but want a drop in solid patch.

Hope it can be sorted out, read the discussion but it's over my head fellas.Huh
Fantastic work going on with you lot lately. This is definetly a bug and I do hope it gets into Eden.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/657#is...nt-3677939

EPIC

...but the part that scares me is the "non-eden" potential

Laugh
Are you guys really sure this is a bug in XBMC and not just a product of TVs doing complex video processing, thus delaying the picture?

I have some audio sync issues myself (video is usually delayed by ~75ms) even when using HDMI Lip Sync, but it's not constant at all. For some content it works, for some it doesn't. I don't think setting a static delay value in advancedsettings.xml would help me at all.
Yes, it's different (higher) than other players on the same machine/TV combination. Players that do much more processing by the way, which should introduce more delay not less.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@negge

Quote:Are you guys really sure this is a bug in XBMC and not just a product of TVs doing complex video processing, thus delaying the picture?

I've been trying to nail this problem for a couple years actually, and I've played with this idea as well.

From my tests, maybe a mode on the tv will change "some" delay, but there's always a delay!

The point is that it's super easy to correct it in xbmc. set audio to -125ms or for most -250ms.

Problem is, that once you know the delay, you have to enter it for every damn video file at that fps (23.976 in my case)

This patch, just makes this problem go away so I can go back to enjoying my home theatre again, not to mention increasing the super important WAF.

It should be built-in and moving forward, there should be an extra calibration section to really dial this in, but in the meantime, I'll enable this advanced setting!

@a11599

Please talk to the devs and push your patch to xbmc! Wink

It's a shame we have to go through hoops to benefit from your work
Just to give a notice, I am here and have seen the pull and comments. No need to bash the devs (hey, you are then also bashing me Wink), all the comments are for good intent. XBMC is a teamwork effort and if the senior devs were just accepting everything XBMC would not be the product we love so much.

Will try to get some spare time to fix up the patch, but no promises on ETA. Look at the bright side: you learned how to apply a patch and compile your own XBMC. Smile From now on just a few steps to start doing some coding on it. Wink
@a11599

I apologize if you got the impression there was any bashing in what I wrote.

It's totally the opposite actually Laugh

btw, what's up with the previous post?!?! Shocked

NSFW!

EDIT: There was a spam post with boobies and stuff right before this post
Hey a11599 your patch seems to have a bug where if u have a playlist with mixed refresh rates it sets the delay for the first video and that's it, no update on refresh change but if I stop and pick that video directly then it applys correctly
Bump
Could you pastebin a debug log please?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml2