• 2(current)
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml
Well, if you are willing to build your own XBMC, here are all patches that I use in my own home environment:
https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commits/my_build

Including a pretty much Eden compatible version of this patch. Don't know if it applies cleanly to current master. Might need some adjustments.
+1

Let's have this integrate full stop.

Setting a 250ms delay manually on every 24p file has been driving me nuts.
Thumbs Up 
I applied your patch to a personal build of openelec and it works!

finally!

Seriously, hope this gets in xbmc, it's a simple thing that just makes an AV geek giddy!Big Grin

thanks so much!
After a day of using the patch, seems like for sync to be "spot on" for some reason, I just have to go, during playback, press on the delay, which brings up the delay selector uptop in confluence, and then the sync lock.

Not entering any values, just invoking it.

@a11599

Makes any sense?
Well, that should not be like that. Smile Bringing up the dialog makes no difference here. The patch was made/tested on Windows, but it should be platform agnostic... Try entering some large values like 500 ms which is easy to spot. So you can see whether or not the patch works without bringing up the dialog.
How do I patch this to latest git I already now how to compile for Linux just what's the command to patch your commit to my git
I do not know. But you can download commits from github as a .diff if you append .diff at the end of the URL of the commit. For example, the .diff format of the A/V delay patch can be downloaded from https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/38...977a5.diff. Then you can just "patch -p1 <avdelay.diff" to apply it. I am not sure how clean it will apply to current master. Give it a try...
Quote:But you can download commits from github as a .diff if you append .diff at the end of the URL of the commit.

holy crap! Didn't know that!

Could have saved me an hour the other day Rolleyes

Are you pushin for this to be included in eden? It's a great idea!
So it does work for you correctly? Eden is in feature freeze so I doubt it will get in, but I can still try to submit a pull to see what others are thinking about it.
seems to apply and compile now to test...
preliminary testing seems to be good. You cant have sync playback to display and adjust refreshrate enabled at the same time it seems like
What do you mean by that? I use sync playback to display and adjust refreshrate at the same time.
Which sync method? When I use audio clock I got failed to initialize audio device, this , this is in linux also if u have time check out the dual audio output thread I'm trying to patch that to git with no go u should have a look

Edit: looks like drop dupe audio works
Is there a disatvantage to not having sync to display enabled
Ok, so you are also using the dual audio patch. I don't. Smile It's a huge patch, I think no one was interested enough to update it to pre-Eden and honestly I will not do it too...

Sync to display is good if your display supports the native refresh rates (24p, 50p, 60p) because it will keep your video synced to your display's refresh rate and will drop audio packets (with drop/dupe) or alter audio speed instead of video frames which is much less distracting as a stutter IMO.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Global AV delay support via advancedsettings.xml2