Problems with pvr-ppa-testing2
Hi,
I have upgraded xbmc to 2:11.0-pvr+odk6~git20110313.1f2654c~ppa+odk6~lucid from the launchpad PPA.

Since then, I cannot see the channels with my experimental addon. With the previous version, it works. Is there any fundamental change I am missing?

The addon is loaded and it is working ok but I get this on XBMC when trying to open the LiveTV menu:
"No PVR Clients available
Please check your Settings or the backend"

The log is here: http://pastebin.com/vSwWvmvK
Regards,
Vanesa.
there have been a few changes in that code. what experimental addon are you talking about? your own code?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:what experimental addon are you talking about? your own code?

Yes, I'm doing some tests based on tvheadend addon code. I have checked the PVR API (I mean, the header files which I compile to) and it is more or less the same.

I am looking at the code and I have found that this window ("No PVR Client available) is shown when this sentence is true:

if (!CPVRManager::Get()->IsStarted() || !CPVRManager::Get()->HasActiveClients())

But the messages in xbmc.log show that this sentence should be false Huh

Also, I have discovered that after a while I can enter the LiveTV menu.
Regards,
Vanesa.
Now I'm getting the channels with the callsign instead of the channel name in LiveTV menu Huh

Ok, the menu is not shown until XBMC has all channels, solved!
Regards,
Vanesa.
the dialog only says that no clients are available, but that text is a bit wrong.

your add-on is probably taking it's time to start up and after a while it's started and you'll be able to access the tv window then. check how much time your addon is taking to start up. you'll probably see that it's quite long.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:your add-on is probably taking it's time to start up and after a while it's started and you'll be able to access the tv window then.
Yes, that's true. The old version in PPA lets you to enter the LiveTV menu, althougt it has no channels to show. That's the change.
Also, I've found that now the channels are ordered by the backend channel number, aren't they? Previously, they are shown following the order you give them to XBMC.

Moreover, formerly, the EPG was shown wrong if you don't give it in chronological order. Is there any change in the new code about that? Have you remove the need to pass it in chronological order?

Just to clarify the readers, the new version I'm talking about is 2:11.0-pvr+odk6~git20110313.1f2654c~ppa+odk6~lucid (pvr-ppa-testing2) and the previous is xbmc-antiquated code.
Regards,
Vanesa.
when your channel list in xbmc is empty and channels are added from clients, they're sorting by the backend channel number. that only happens the first time channels are added. you can still change the channel number (and order) in xbmc.

epg events should be added in chronological order at the moment.

if you're interested in changes, you should really be checking the git log, because these are just minor things that changed. there's a lot more that's handled differently than in the "antiquated" version.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:if you're interested in changes, you should really be checking the git log, because these are just minor things that changed. there's a lot more that's handled differently than in the "antiquated" version.

ok, I'm interested mainly in this two changes at the moment. Thanks for your answers. Now I'm wondering if the PVR addons (tvheadend, myth TV, etc frontends) still work with the new version. Are they being adapted?
Regards,
Vanesa.
yes, of course, and that can also be found in the git log Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with pvr-ppa-testing20