Any information regarding managed Code/Python pvr Addons?
Hi,

i'm playing around with the pvr testing builds and they are working fine most times Smile

As backend i'm using margos TVServer4XBMC and the ffmpeg pvr Addon.

Now i'm looking for information about the opportunity to use python or managed code to write pvr add ons because i'm one of two developers of the tv4home environment (tv4home.codeplex.com) which extends the media portal tv server with an wcf soap/json webservice and i would like to write an add on for the pvr framework of xbmc.

Till now i haven't find any information about the whole pvr framework and only partly informations on the plans to extend the xbmc plugin api to support binary and arbitrary languages as xbmc plugins.

Long story short question:
Is there any place to get more informations on the opportunities to enhance xbmc pvr and on the plans to support python for pvr addons (haven't found any in the wiki).
at this time the add-ons are c++ only and there is no documentation available (except code of course, you can have a look at the existing add-on's client.cpp files to get an idea of how it works)

the pvr addon interface will get an overhaul soon and support for other programming languages will be added later.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thnk your for these informations!

I've already looked in the git repository and tried to understand the code, sadly i don't know c++ very well so i the integration of the mentioned service isn't that easy.

But with your informations in mind i will wait till more informations are published!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any information regarding managed Code/Python pvr Addons?0