[WIP] Blur for XBMC (Port from Plex)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Sranshaft Offline
Posting Freak
rockstrongo Wrote:Awesome... I was very disappointed to learn that Blur wasn't available for XBMC after using it for Plex, and I haven't found anything close to the polished minimalism.

If you're looking for something close to the aesthetics of Blur, I highly recommend reFocus by Jereon. It is, in my opinion, one of the best skins available for XBMC. The creator goes to great length to make sure every aspect is as polished as it can be and just look phenomenal on the TV.

[Image: all-thin-fanart.jpg]
find quote
bmcclure937 Offline
Fan
This skin looks dirty mcnasty!! Keep up the awesome work Big Grin
find quote
rockstrongo Offline
Sranshaft Wrote:If you're looking for something close to the aesthetics of Blur, I highly recommend reFocus by Jereon. It is, in my opinion, one of the best skins available for XBMC. The creator goes to great length to make sure every aspect is as polished as it can be and just look phenomenal on the TV.

I've tried it (as well as almost every other skin Rofl), but I'm not a fan of the main menu and there are several little things that aren't quite as polished as Blur IMO.
find quote
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
Until it's released, where can I get the green/purple/blue backgrounds that are used in BLUR? Or similar backgrounds?

HTPC1: Q6600 4GB GTS 250 OS: Linux Mint 17 SKIN: Aeon Nox #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT

HTPC2: Zotac ND22 4GB 40GB SSD OS: OpenELEC 4.x SKIN: Bello #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT
find quote
Hitcher Offline
Skilled Skinner
Check the bottom of the first post.
find quote
Advocate Offline
This is looking good, it's nice to see skins coming the other way for a change Smile

[Image: widget][Image: widget]
find quote
Unitydisconnect Offline
Can't wait till this is released. Looks a bit like refocus but in a wonderful way. Lovin it

The Rig:
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3GHz, ATI HD 3450, Corsair 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800
Shuttle SN68SG2 Case
[Image: widget]

[Image: 66f788.jpg]
find quote
D0nR0s4 Offline
Any news on this?
find quote
mortstar Offline
D0nR0sa Wrote:Any news on this?

I've spent the last couple of days getting my Rotten Tomatoes scraper working and in my repository.

The upshot of that work is, whilst I haven't spent much time on this port in the last week, I now have a working repository setup where will eventually be able to provide nice and easy WIP releases (no time frames as yet).

Before being sidetracked by my scraper, I had made a breakthrough with the skin regarding navigation - some minor missing function syntax which didn't seem to bother Plex but did XBMC. I'm full-steam ahead now on this skin.

[Image: all-banner.jpg]
find quote
rockstrongo Offline
Awesome!
find quote
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
Ok I want it now! Smile

HTPC1: Q6600 4GB GTS 250 OS: Linux Mint 17 SKIN: Aeon Nox #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT

HTPC2: Zotac ND22 4GB 40GB SSD OS: OpenELEC 4.x SKIN: Bello #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT
find quote
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
Need an update please ...

find quote
rockstrongo Offline
Any news?
find quote
joeblack2k Offline
Also very nice skin i hope you're going to finish it!

my compliments!
find quote
manujosephv Offline
Awesome skin... looking eagerly towards the release.. currently am using refocus..
find quote