• 13(current)
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232
zepfan Wrote:Smile yea I just said that because some people in the skin forums expect things done very quickly, and it frustrates the skinners. I think Ekm said he was going to do more work closer to Eden release.

Frusting yes, if said the wrong way. I for one have flipped more than once over something that was probably just constructive criticism. I know most users mean well and I for one get self satisfaction knowing that something I have done is enjoyed by others.

I do plan on releasing a new version when Eden comes around. There are some great changes in the skin engine and I have been keeping up on them on my personal edition, but I don't like to do skin releases based on nightlies because I am aware of the bugs and don't need to see posts about people having problems with the recently added script not workingCool

I have been playing around with Fusion lately and have what I think is a nice mod going, so that is where I have been lately with skinning. Sorry for the lack of updates but I feel this skin is very stable for the moment, plus life has gotten busy and it is summer where I live.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
ekim,
I have tried Fusion but it is more boxy and feels very compartmentalized vs Presence which is very fluid and easy on the eyes... much like Alaska is but with more eye candy.

I think Prescence is nearly perfect. There are a few tweaks I'd like to ask for when you are ready to update to Eden, mainly making some of the dialogs & text larger - for those of us sitting far from our TVs and with not-so-great-vision in our old age Wink
- I use nightly builds and have been since day one. When you are ready to test let me know.

One thing I have noticed is that Prescense takes much longer to fully load than other skins... about 5-7 seconds vs 1-2 seconds with most skins. I have a Core2Duo, Win7 x64, 6GB RAM, and SSD drive. Windows7 only takes 30-45 secods to fully load and autologin. Do others see a long load time with Prescense vs other skins?

here's a slight tweak I did to the home screen. I prefer curves better than hard lines.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@ekim232
That mod looks great.. well except to be honest the middle empty area.
Livin Wrote:One thing I have noticed is that Prescense takes much longer to fully load than other skins... about 5-7 seconds vs 1-2 seconds with most skins. I have a Core2Duo, Win7 x64, 6GB RAM, and SSD drive. Windows7 only takes 30-45 secods to fully load and autologin. Do others see a long load time with Prescense vs other skins?

I think that's due to the start-up sound.

Ekim, while I'm on it, Big Grin . Do you have any plans to make an option for a lower home screen? It's not bad, it's just frustrating, to have my fanart as a wallpaper, and not see anything in the middle! No worries if not, I look forward to seeing what you've been doing!
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:I think that's due to the start-up sound.

Ekim, while I'm on it, Big Grin . Do you have any plans to make an option for a lower home screen? It's not bad, it's just frustrating, to have my fanart as a wallpaper, and not see anything in the middle! No worries if not, I look forward to seeing what you've been doing!

I actually had that in as an option when I originally did it. I took it out because of the recently added animation. It works off zoom/slide effects from that location and I would need to recode the entire thing to a higher location if I lowered the home menu. I can take a second look at it and see if I can find an easier way.
zepfan Wrote:I think that's due to the start-up sound.

What startup sound? I don't hear anything. I see a blank background for a few seconds before the menus and such come on. If I can make it faster that would be VERY nice.

EKIM?
Livin Wrote:What startup sound? I don't hear anything. I see a blank background for a few seconds before the menus and such come on. If I can make it faster that would be VERY nice.

EKIM?

probably because your on Linux and using hdmi GUI sounds like that don't usually work without a lot of mucking around with alsa
Jezz_X Wrote:probably because your on Linux and using hdmi GUI sounds like that don't usually work without a lot of mucking around with alsa

Nope, I run only Windows7 and my audio works fine with everything. So is there a startup audio for the skin (not XBMC itself) since the XBMC logo loads immediately. I only see a skin load delay with Prescence and not with any other skin.
Livin Wrote:Nope, I run only Windows7 and my audio works fine with everything. So is there a startup audio for the skin (not XBMC itself) since the XBMC logo loads immediately. I only see a skin load delay with Prescence and not with any other skin.

There is a start up sound for the skin. Just delete it from the sound profile.
ekim232 Wrote:There is a start up sound for the skin. Just delete it from the sound profile.

Do you mean from...
XBMC\portable_data\addons\skin.prescenceV.2\sounds\sounds.xml ?

I removed the start up sound section and renamed the sound file... I still have a delay of a few seconds between when the skin background shows and the menus appear.

Again, this does not occur with any other skin.

Any other ideas?
Probably something within startup.xml

Try removing any thing besides the two buttons. Those launch the scripts. My personal version has an image that launches during startup, but I didn't include it with this version, so there may be some code still there from that.
that helped a lot. Still a bit slower than other skins by 2-3 seconds, but not 5-10 like it was before. Smile
Livin Wrote:that helped a lot. Still a bit slower than other skins by 2-3 seconds, but not 5-10 like it was before. Smile

Probably due to the scripts launching. TVguide, recently added, and weather.

Eden will eliminate recently added. TV guide could be changed over to the homepage, but I ran them all at startup because my personal version has a logo that flashes with the startup sound, but I never got it into the public version yet. So the time delay is hidden by a visual effect.
You can also add a delay for running the scripts. So xbmc start up and 10 or 15 seconds or so later it runs the installed scripts
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ekim232 Wrote:my personal version has a logo that flashes with the startup sound, but I never got it into the public version yet.

So u will eventually release that logo? It sure would look better with some graphics there instead the current empty screen.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM2324