• 14(current)
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232
ekim232 Wrote:Probably due to the scripts launching. TVguide, recently added, and weather.

Eden will eliminate recently added. TV guide could be changed over to the homepage, but I ran them all at startup because my personal version has a logo that flashes with the startup sound, but I never got it into the public version yet. So the time delay is hidden by a visual effect.

gotcha... btw, I loaded the nightly from 8/7 and it broke home menu submenus on Prescense. It still worked on Confluence so I'm assuming something in the skin engine changed.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:gotcha... btw, I loaded the nightly from 8/7 and it broke home menu submenus on Prescense. It still worked on Confluence so I'm assuming something in the skin engine changed.

This skin is by no means meant for nightlies. I have my personal eden version slowly going, but I don't upgrade to every nightly. Maybe reinstall every 3 weeks or so for new features that catch my eye.
ekim232 Wrote:This skin is by no means meant for nightlies. I have my personal eden version slowly going, but I don't upgrade to every nightly. Maybe reinstall every 3 weeks or so for new features that catch my eye.

same here... I thought you should know as it is the first time any nightly has broken features in your skin for me. If you decide to share your eden release I'd be happy to test.
Livin Wrote:that helped a lot. Still a bit slower than other skins by 2-3 seconds, but not 5-10 like it was before. Smile

Are u sure u deleted the:
<animation effect="fade" delay="2680" end="100">Focus</animation>
AND
from startup.xml? If u did there should be no delay.

@ekim232
Maybe u can just tells us what needs to be edited for submenus to work as that's the only thing really broken and I would really like to continue using this skin. Thanks.
Japaja Wrote:Are u sure u deleted the:
AND
from startup.xml? If u did there should be no delay.

@ekim232
Maybe u can just tells us what needs to be edited for submenus to work as that's the only thing really broken and I would really like to continue using this skin. Thanks.

Submenus work for me, Though i've modded them to all be under tv shows.
Nothing to see here....
Well they do work, but the text is not visible. I tried messing with Includes_Submenus.xml but I just don't know what I'm doing. Big Grin
It could be a bug in xbmc..
What exactly doesn't work?
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Submenus work for me, Though i've modded them to all be under tv shows.

This is what I want too... can you share the mod?

I had to move back to 6/29 nightly -- when I updated to 8/7 it broke submenus, in Prescence only.
zepfan Wrote:What exactly doesn't work?

Well.. look at this picture and tell me if u notice anything. This is when I go to settings and press up for submenus. The text as u can see isn't visible, but the functionality is there. I can press enter and move up/down, but I have no idea what I'm selecting. This is true for all submenus (movies, TV shows etc.)

This started after build Aug 02!!

Here is when I install build Aug 02:
Japaja Wrote:Well.. look at this picture and tell me if u notice anything. This is when I go to settings and press up for submenus. The text as u can see isn't visible, but the functionality is there. I can press enter and move up/down, but I have no idea what I'm selecting. This is true for all submenus (movies, TV shows etc.)
Ahh then that's a nightly issue. I see.

Livin Wrote:This is what I want too... can you share the mod?

I had to move back to 6/29 nightly -- when I updated to 8/7 it broke submenus, in Prescence only.
Yea, I should have time tomorrow, I'm still up 5(am) and have been working for almost 24 hours now, so I might get some free time tomorrow.
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Ahh then that's a nightly issue. I see.

That's what I tough too, but after reading this ticket and changing this:
Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(8501)</visible>
to
Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(8501).HasFocus</visible>
I managed to get so far:

Now if only someone could help me with this last bit... how do I make TV SHOWS label disappear when the sub-menu opens?
I think you guys are hacking away at code that is just fine. The reason it is not working is not because of the code, but rather bugs in the nightlies that will eventually be worked out. Then you will need to undo what you did.

I fail to see your reason to constantly upgrade to nightlies unless you are a skilled skinner. Unless the skin is on pace for the nightly, you are just giving yourselves unnecessary headaches.
ekim232 Wrote:I fail to see your reason to constantly upgrade to nightlies unless you are a skilled skinner. Unless the skin is on pace for the nightly, you are just giving yourselves unnecessary headaches.

Agreed - I was doing it initially because I was using Alaska Revisited that required a nightly... then I switched to Prescence. Then I was having video playback issues... I have finally settled on a nightly that is smooth and works with Prescence.
ekim,
any idea when you are going to start updating to Eden compatibility? I have a few minor UI tweaks I'd like to present, if you'd be open to it? I promise, they are really tweaks, not major changes.
Has anyone added any screens to allow for these addons to work...

Weather Plus -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95329
Pandora -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70471
TV Time -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100300
Cinema Experience -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM2324