Please add an option to disable landscape mode
EDIT: Referring to the remote function. Forgot to add that to the title.

It's all in the title. I hate when I'm holding my phone/remote, and the screen flips sideways when I don't expect it to. It happens constantly, especially when I'm laying down holding my phone in a semi-awkward position.

I'd really like to see a feature that lets us disable landscape mode.

Thanks Smile
Generally don't like to bump a post, but it's been a month and no replies. This seems like a really quick feature to put together.. can it be added?

EDIT: I see others are suggesting this as well. Didn't notice until after my bump, sorry.
Just turn off screen rotation on your handset.
nobody_here Wrote:Just turn off screen rotation on your handset.

I realize I can disable screen rotation for the whole system, but it would be a lot nicer if the XBMC remote had this option included. If I disabled it system-wide, I'd have to disable it every time I used my media center, and I'd have to go and re-enable it again when I was done.

I can't imagine it would be hard to add in an option.

Settings > Remote Orientation
  • Force Portrait
  • Force Landscape
  • Auto (default)
Do you happen to have the app tasker? If you do, I can show you how to do this with that app.
There's already a ticket here. It's noted but not on high priority.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I'll give that a shot gabbott, thanks.

Thanks freezy
Or just install an app you can tell which app should rotate or not:

https://market.android.com/details?id=co...rch_result
Just to play devils advocate, I use it in landscape mode more than portrait because the buttons are spaced out better and the text seems easier to read. Which brings me to my request which I will create a thread for.
Yeah it'll be an option, won't disable it permanently, don't worry. Spent too much on landscape "now playing" screen for that. Wink
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please add an option to disable landscape mode0