• 8(current)
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
(2014-08-19, 23:41)lazyboy0172 Wrote: Hopefully this thread isn't too dead yet... I have been having the problem of HGTV stopping just a few minutes in and it was finally frustrating enough that I googled it and found this thread. Food Network works great, if that means anything (you said you used a similar method for both?). Anyway, here's a debug log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/900137/xbmc.log

it's a full log, but consists of me opening xbmc, going to video plugins and selecting hgtv, house hunters, an episode, the episode starting and playing for about 1 minute, then the episode stopping and going back to the episode selection, as though it had played in full. I then backed out to the main xbmc menu and exited xbmc.

Is this log of any help? Is there any more information I could provide or help in any way? This issue is extremely repeatable for me; I haven't been able to watch HGTV in weeks as every time I try this issue occurs.

thanks for the help

Thanks for the debug log, it has some info in it that is useful.

I'm running the addon on an almost identical set of HW and Win 8.1. I'm running XBMC 13.2, whereas I see you have 13.1.
A couple of things to help track this down:
1) Which specific episode does this occur on?
2) Does the video always stop at the same place or is it random?
3) Are you outside the US?
4) Are you running RSS feeds? (There's some RSS activity right around where the video stops in your log)
5) Have you changed the curl timeout in advancedsettings.xml ? If so, what is it set to?

Thanks
alright, I'll try to give you as much detail as I can. Unfortunately I don't watch Too much HGTV so it's tough to have definitive answers, I'm trying to run through tests now. First off, when you open HGTV there are 3 "House Hunters", the first is not house hunters at all, but XXXX. The second is actually house hunters, and the third is house hunters international, a variation where they purchase homes internationally. I haven't tried any show other than house hunters, but here's my experience with HH (the real one) and HH:I

1. Episode:
Disagreeing in DC quit almost to the end. I'm not going to rewatch to see if it stops in the same place.
Buying Big in Richmond Burbs: successfully made it through full episode
Chasing Dreams in Nashville: quit around 25 seconds in on the first run. Second try made it completely through.
Boston Charm Vs. Move In Ready: quit 8:14 second in. When I clicked it again it offered to resume from there, I tried it and it quit within a second. Starting again from the beginning made it all the way through
st. louis cool: this one has been tough. I tried to watch it a couple times earlier, including the log I submitted earlier, and always get about 1-2 minutes in I've tried multiple times in a row and it has quit. In this test I just got about 1:40 in and it quit, and when restarting it I made it all the way through
Hollywood in Palm Springs, Putting Down Roots in DC, and Chicago Style Battle are all episodes that I've gotten through before.

2. same time?: Not at all. Usually within the first 2 minutes, but not always, and even if it does not always even between plays of the same episode.

3. Outside US?: No, I'm in the US.

so in summary, it seems completely unpredictable. I've had it quit on me just a couple minutes in multiple times, sometimes in a row, and it seems like usually when it quits early on it does not work the next time either, because thats when I'm most likely to try again. But today when testing for this it made it through after a few times retrying.

edit: just saw you edited with some more questions while I was putting in this response. here's the rest:

4. Are you running RSS feeds? Good question...maybe? I guess so? There are rss feeds at the bottom of the home page on xbmc, if that's what you mean. Or if Ace skin auto-does something with rss. But I haven't specifically set anything up myself.

5. Have you changed the curl timeout in advancedsettings.xml? No, I haven't touched advancedsettings.
Hey divingmule are you still working on this addon If yes any luck getting the newer series in there like Flipping the Block or Love It Or List It.Thanks
If it isn't here: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv-full-episodes/v...index.html it won't be in the addon.
As far as I can see there are no full episodes for either of those shows on the website.
Hgtv gives script error when loading. Don't know why. It's been doing it for months now. Any fix in sight?
(2014-12-14, 18:42)ilovemymac Wrote: Hgtv gives script error when loading. Don't know why. It's been doing it for months now. Any fix in sight?

Unfortunately, HGTV now requires a US cable ID to play full length episodes. They had some content available without the ID for a time, but I don't see any full length episodes that can play without logging into a US cable provider. I have been working on a TV Everywhere addon for US cable users, but there are over 100 different cable providers and each login is different so it's a lot of work to get a working, supportable addon done.
why don't you enable the login for the big 5-10 providers as that should cover 90% of all users
keep up the good work
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm able to play back all these episodes from their website and was never asked to log in with a provider. See attached link

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/full-episodes
(2015-01-10, 22:03)mrdally204 Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm able to play back all these episodes from their website and was never asked to log in with a provider. See attached link

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/full-episodes
Thanks, I haven't looked at this for a while. All fixed now (I think) in version 2.1.0. You can try it from my git:

https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.hgtv

If it works well, I'll submit to the xbmc.org repo.
Works well with German IP address, thanks.
I tried a few streams and it looks good Smile. That ks for the quick turn around on this add-on!
HGTV and DIY addons are no longer in the Kodi Official repository?
(2015-01-12, 20:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: HGTV and DIY addons are no longer in the Kodi Official repository?
HGTV was broken when the repo was cleaned up for Helix. It should re-appear quite soon. Last I looked at DIY it was using .wmv files for media which didn't play well in Kodi so I didn't attempt to fix the original.
learningit, DIY might be using wmv but I have not had any issues playing videos with it. Its not as pretty or efficient as 264 video but it works (and it's better than not having the shows). Your old add on is still installed when I updated to Helix and it still finds all shows. I'm not sure what would need updated but it seems like it might be minor in nature.
I would really appreciate that. Even with most of the paid streaming services, home and garden/real-estate type shows are limited.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on1