• 7(current)
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
(2014-02-11, 00:23)GoCats76 Wrote: I am also getting getting the script failed plugin. It is only for the Food Network Add-on from the official XBMC.ORG add-on repository. The first menu come up with episodes, videos, most popular videos, etc. but attempting to click on any of those options brings up a status bar that says buffering, ending with Script.failed! plugin.video.foodnetwork.

same here - exact problem to a tee.

Rpi
Xbian1.0 RC1
(2014-02-16, 18:58)moveright Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 00:23)GoCats76 Wrote: I am also getting getting the script failed plugin. It is only for the Food Network Add-on from the official XBMC.ORG add-on repository. The first menu come up with episodes, videos, most popular videos, etc. but attempting to click on any of those options brings up a status bar that says buffering, ending with Script.failed! plugin.video.foodnetwork.

same here - exact problem to a tee.

Rpi
Xbian1.0 RC1

Yes I am experiencing the same issue as Script failed.
I am also experiencing this same problem. Any ETA on a resolution or suggested fix?
Has there been any resolution to this issue yet?
Looking at the time frame and lack of response in 4 months. I suspect this addon may serve you better as it has HGTV and food network

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188490
So I've spent the last few days poking around the Food Network website with an eye towards fixing this plugin... and I'm uncertain whether it's even possible to write a scraper for the system FN uses now. I only have experience with pretty simple stuff - scraping off .mp4 links or whatever directly and feeding them into XBMC. The food network now uses some massive js library to feed videos on their site and it's not clear to me how to play the videos in XBMC even if I had a full URL to hand it directly.. All of the videos are played via calls to "snap-4.1.swf"

If the original dev is still around - can you explain whether you think it's even possible to fix this plugin? If not, we should mark it as broken in the repos.

If anyone has any ideas I'm happy to hear them - even happy to do the menial work of fixing the scraper as long as there's an identified way of passing the scraped video urls to XBMC to play.
You can try my versions of HGTV and Food Network, the original ones died sometime ago for me so I rewrote these.

Click on my signature below for the links to the addons.
Do you have a repo that contains both addons and will update them or do we install these as individual addons?
(2014-05-16, 21:20)Canyaya Wrote: Do you have a repo that contains both addons and will update them or do we install these as individual addons?

They are both in the official XBMC.org repo now. You may need to force a refresh for the latest versions to appear.
Great! Thank you for your contribution.
learningit,

Assuming you want questions about your addons here, I've got a question: where do you scrap the episodes from? I had a number of episodes that start playing and then stop part way through. When I jump over to their website I can't find the episodes that your pulling. Isn't that odd?
(2014-06-15, 23:14)rcrh Wrote: learningit,

Assuming you want questions about your addons here, I've got a question: where do you scrap the episodes from? I had a number of episodes that start playing and then stop part way through. When I jump over to their website I can't find the episodes that your pulling. Isn't that odd?

If you post a debug log I may be able to help find why the streams cut off for you. If you're not familiar with posting debug logs, the xbmc wiki has a good explanation. I'm not sure how to answer the question as to where the pages are scraped from, as it depends on which show you're talking about. The source code is given for the addon and the page scrapes are quite simple in nature. If you have some programming background that would be the easiest place to see exactly what pages are being loaded and scraped.

Also let me know what version of the addon you are running. This thread was started by divingmule if I remember correctly, and there is a version of his I repaired but the latest version in the xbmc.org repo I fully rewrote in my own style.
(2014-05-13, 02:53)learningit Wrote: You can try my versions of HGTV and Food Network, the original ones died sometime ago for me so I rewrote these.

Click on my signature below for the links to the addons.

How often do the episodes change?

Also, I was trying this last night with my wife and the streams sometimes just stop after a minute or two.
I don't know what the frequency of update/change is on this site. I'm pretty sure that I pick up the latest episodes available, but I may be wrong - there may also have been a website change. I tested last night and though the list I display is a bit different than the one displayed on the website, it includes all the latest episodes available. The reason for the slight difference is that I use a common method for a whole family of websites (food network, hgtv, diy, etc) to gather the links rather than write individual scrapers for each website and for most shows I am able to display a deeper history than the website does.

As to the streams stopping, the only way to track that down is for someone to post a debug log that is recorded when a stream stops. Just telling me that the stream stopped playing isn't going to help fix the problem. There are so many possibilities that I really need to know what version of xbmc is being used, how the website reacts to a request from your geographic location, etc - most, if not all of which is captured in a debug log. I don't want to turn this thread into a tutorial on how to capture a debug log - several good ones are already in the forum.
Hopefully this thread isn't too dead yet... I have been having the problem of HGTV stopping just a few minutes in and it was finally frustrating enough that I googled it and found this thread. Food Network works great, if that means anything (you said you used a similar method for both?). Anyway, here's a debug log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/900137/xbmc.log

it's a full log, but consists of me opening xbmc, going to video plugins and selecting hgtv, house hunters, an episode, the episode starting and playing for about 1 minute, then the episode stopping and going back to the episode selection, as though it had played in full. I then backed out to the main xbmc menu and exited xbmc.

Is this log of any help? Is there any more information I could provide or help in any way? This issue is extremely repeatable for me; I haven't been able to watch HGTV in weeks as every time I try this issue occurs.

thanks for the help
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on1