pvr for the masses
ok, i'm setting up a machine for my mother-in-law and would like to make it as easy as possible... she's been up with an eeebox 1501 for more than a year without any trouble (with linux) and gave it back to me only when somehow alsa got corrupted and she couldn't have any sound output... so, to make it short, i'm upgrading it to latest ubuntu (she was on 9.10), latest git (she was on an old december 2009 svn version) and would like to make it a pvr machine using a dvb-t key i had hanging around... i have no problem setting up tvheadend and scanning channels where i'm right now, but i really can't explain how to make a scan where she lives and of course can't do it for her every time she needs it (it's some 1000 km away and she's got no internet connection to work with)
so, here is the question... does any of the current pvr addons support scanning for channels on existing transponders? i did already add all the (italian) transponders, but of course i'd need some 'one click' solution for searching new channels and, as far as i can see, tvheadend addon doesn't do it

thanks for the help Smile
it's not supported by tvheadend, from within xbmc, but it's very easy when you use the web ui.

go to configuration -> tv adapters -> select the adapter you want to scan on.
do this once: enable "Autodetect muxes" and "Idle scanning" and click on the save button.

now if you want to scan, go to that config page again and hit the "Map DVB Services to channels" button. wait for it to complete and you're done. in the next ppa build, the channels will appear in xbmc automatically.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
i know, i'm using it on my pc (and i used mythbackend and mediaportal too)... but did you ever try to explain that to your 65 years old mother-in-law who just uses the pc as a media player with xbmc, who (i think) never saw the ubuntu desktop? Smile

so no pvr addon currently supports scanning? neither myth nor vdr and mediaportal?
I believe vdr VNSI supported vdr wirbelscan plugin from with xbmc addon, i'm just not sure about the status, if that is working currently or not.
Humm
VDR can be configured to add new channels and transponders by itself. Doesn't that do the trick?

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr for the masses0