Nitotv autostart xbmc in atv2
Question 
I have a jailbroke atv2 with xbmc and nitotv
I installed nitotv app that autostarts xbmc from the start
when I exit xbmc it takes me back into xbmc, how do I stop this so I can
get back to nitotv and uninstall it?
use 'remove' instead of 'install' and that will remove it.
I cant get back to appletv2 it is stuck in xbmc I instaled it in apple tv2

and now I cant get out of it unintall it

if I pull the plug or exit out of xbmc it returns to xbmc without going to

appletv
I believe davilla is suggesting you SSH into the ATV2 and do an apt-get remove of the offending software
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Not sure of the name? or where? nitotv installed the program, I figured nitotv added a line in a comand file somewere, so any clues what file inside Nitotv
made my apple tv2 autoload into xbmc? and stay there?

"apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter"

this did not fix my problem either
queue Wrote:Not sure of the name? or where? nitotv installed the program, I figured nitotv added a line in a comand file somewere, so any clues what file inside Nitotv
made my apple tv2 autoload into xbmc? and stay there?

"apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter"

this did not fix my problem either

You could use "dpkg -l" to list all the installed packages and search the list for any others that may need to be removed.

If that doesn't work I'd try removing nito and reinstalling it. Probably on the uninstall it'll complain about some dependencies so you can remove those too (might want to keep track of what you remove in case you need to add any back). Careful about what you reinstall, don't want to put the problem back.
thanks for the help! part of the problem is winSCP was timing out and not removing the program, I used PuTTY and it worked much better, I was able to go back and setup my BT keyboard! now works great thanks again!

where do I find winSCP terminal command settings for ATV2?
You should be using putty for ssh, WinSCP is primarily a file transfer tool and doesn't provide full terminal support...

The console window has a message that says "Do not execute commands that require user-input or data transfer"

Now as apt-get will ask you to confirm weather you want to remove the apps this would qualify as a user input, the WinSCP console will not work for you, as you've found it will time out, about the only way to get around this would be to add these switches to your apt command -y --force-yes before the install or remove part, like so:
apt-get -y --force-yes install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

However this can be dangerous if you don't know what your uninstalling and could remove important packages if your not careful.

Do yourself a favor and use putty instead, use WinSCP for what it was intended to do... transfer files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nitotv autostart xbmc in atv20