• 4(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Excellent. Keep up the good work.
dwagner Wrote:I've implemented your request in the upcoming release (version 1.20)
However I need to tell you how to launch it because I already had the 2 other new subtitle buttons, and a 3rd seemed an overkill (not to mention I ran out of space).

To launch the download subtitle script all you have to do is hold down on the subtitle toggle button for 1 second.

Below is a screenshot showing the new subtitle toggle button (bottom left triangular button) and subtitle next button (bottom right triangular button)

Nice! This remote is getting better and betterBig Grin
DarkHelmet Wrote:One more thing (yeah, I know I'm already way beyond the "one more thing"): The users should be able to update their video and music databases through the remote. Some update library button would be nice.
home?

I finally completed this request (for the upcoming version 1.20 of SoulMote). The difficulty was deciding where to put the update music & update video buttons. In the end I decided to put them in the main remote view when no media is playing. I figure since these buttons are rarely used, showing them only when no media is currently playing is sufficient. I'm assuming that most people don't decide to start scanning their library in the middle of watching a movie Big Grin

Also I decided to add a clean music & video library functionality. I did this in the same method as the new download subtitles. In other words a press of the new "update video library" button will of course update the video library, to clean however you hold down on the button for 1 second and wallah!

Below a screenshot of the 2 new update library buttons:
dwagner Wrote:Hi Dibsta,

I'll look at your request for version 1.30
It's slightly tricky because I would have to analyze each line to identify I as a number rather than a letter. For someone with a very big library it could cause a bit of slow down when sorting. But what I will do is make it an option in settings and I may as well add ignoring of "the" for people who want the sane functionality as xbmc.

I think what Dibsta was after was sorting on the <sorttitle> rather than the <title> when <sorttitle> is present. Certainly that's how I'd like it to work.

For example, I've set the <sorttitle> of Rocky II to "Rocky 2" and the <sorttitle> of Rocky Balboa to "Rocky 6".

That also lets you get the Lord of the Rings movies in the right order, or sort This Is Spinal Tap under S (because it always throws me when I find it under T!)

Plus it's probably a bit easier than parsing Roman numerals Big Grin

(Skipping "The", "A" etc at the start would still be useful, as nobody wants to manually set <sorttitle> for everything that starts with those...)
Tiny Clanger Wrote:I think what Dibsta was after was sorting on the <sorttitle> rather than the <title> when <sorttitle> is present. Certainly that's how I'd like it to work.

Plus it's probably a bit easier than parsing Roman numerals Big Grin
Thanks for pointing this out. I myself am learning a lot of new things about XBMC thanks to users of SoulMote. I will try implement a sort on <sorttitle> in time for version 1.20 release which I hope to submit by Monday to Apple.

Tiny Clanger Wrote:(Skipping "The", "A" etc at the start would still be useful, as nobody wants to manually set <sorttitle> for everything that starts with those...)
The "A" and "The" I will sort out for version 1.30 as I would also like to add it as an option in settings for users.
Just one thing, I use poster view for tv series so the artwork is pretty squashed! Other than that, good job!
My current HTPC Setup
That is what I meant by Sorttitle
Cheers
Bobb25 Wrote:Just one thing, I use poster view for tv series so the artwork is pretty squashed! Other than that, good job!

Let me see if I can sort something out intime for 1.20 release. Are you using SoulMote on iPhone or iPad?
dibsta Wrote:That is what I meant by Sorttitle
Cheers

Functionality for sorting based on <sorttitle> for movies is complete and will be available in version 1.20.
Cheers you are the man

Dibsta
dwagner Wrote:Let me see if I can sort something out intime for 1.20 release. Are you using SoulMote on iPhone or iPad?

iPad 1 & 2. Thanks!
My current HTPC Setup
Bobb25 Wrote:iPad 1 & 2. Thanks!

I've changed both the iPhone & iPad versions of the TV Show views in v1.20 of SoulMote to use the same DVD boxes as in TV Show Seasons. This means that the cells are a bit bigger which in my opinion is nicer.

Banners will still override the entire cell, but if you just use posters it will fill it in the DVD box.

So your TV posters should no longer be squashed.
Only 2 days behind schedule, but version 1.20 is finally heading to Apple, so it won't be long before its available for download (unless Apple goes on easter holidays early No).

Part of the delay was that I found and fixed 3 bugs that were lurking around:
1. Selecting a new cache size in the settings only worked for the very first selection, any selection after that would change it in the settings but not save. So when you went back to settings your cache size was back to its old size.
2. Fixed a crash bug which occurred in some cases with cache images.
3. iPad dashboard was using low res buttons. Apologies to iPad users v1.20 looks much better.

And here is a screenshot from the updated dashboard, which now has a Music Videos option, and a Store with the ability to purchase the ad free version. All proceeds go back into development of this app, so whether you use the advertising or full version your support is appreciated and the money you generate goes into giving you a better app.

We are having a bit of Apple woes today.

Something went seriously wrong with our online account at Apple dev, so our Apps are temporarily not available. Sad

We have already been in talks with Apple over this for the last 4 days, and they have still not resolved the issue Angry. I am hoping that the issue will finally be resolved today. So if you are trying to get SoulMote please bear with us. I will post an update as soon as they fix the issue.

This unfortunately also affects the release of version 1.20. However once Apple resolves the issue, I am going to ask Apple to expedite approval so maybe by some miracle it will be in your hands sooner than it would have been, had this issue not occurred.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but it is sadly out of our hands.
Smile 
So after two days of all our apps not available on the App store and multiple emails to AppleRolleyes, I finally called them and they told me the issue was on high priority. 1 hour later and the issue was fixed Big Grin

So now for the good news. I've uploaded version 1.20 and because of the delay I managed to include Wake On LAN support which was originally only planned for 1.30.

Because of the problem on iTunes, Apple has also agreed to expedite the review of 1.20 so hopefully it will be in your hands very soon. Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1