• 5(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Rainbow 
In the soon to be released 1.20 version, I have enabled a new "experimental" feature which is Facebook status updates within the remote.

How it works is as follows:
From the settings menu you can log into your Facebook account to give SoulMote permission to access your news feed. SoulMote will also hold offline access which is basically used to allow the remote to keep you logged in without needing you to re-connect to Facebook every-time you exit the remote.

You can then choose to show the status updates on your xbmc or on the remote or both. Note that the ad-supported version will not show facebook in the remote. I forgot to add a message for this. However you can still view your status updates on xbmc with the ad-supported version.

You may not want status updates to disturb you while you are watching a movie, and so in settings there is options to allow or disallow the updates during videos, music and pictures.

The status updates are live, and start from the time you log-in to Facebook. At the moment they are shown for around 10 seconds each on xbmc but I may need to change this based on the length of the update message.

There are still a few kinks to work out with this new feature, but I wanted to get it out to see if anyone likes this or would like to see something else done with Facebook or Twitter in the remote.

Below a screenshot of the remote view with a facebook status update showing near the bottom.

Thumbs Up 
Finally Apple approved version 1.20 and it is now available for download from the App store. Nod

The next version of SoulMote is going to be a big one. I've decided to pack 3 versions of features into one. There's currently over 22 tasks to complete which includes features requested both on the XBMC forum and via email.

As always I'll keep you posted.
Hi DWagner

Nice to see you've added movie sets only one problem it does not work
When you press movie sets button it open movie sets but when you press a movie set the app closes
The music section is now working for me. Thanks. However after I chose an artist I get a list of all the songs by that artist. Could you make another node, that after choosing an artist, I'd get a list of the albums by that artist? Same in music videos.
dibsta Wrote:Hi DWagner

Nice to see you've added movie sets only one problem it does not work
When you press movie sets button it open movie sets but when you press a movie set the app closes

Sorry about that. Don't know how I missed that. I've submitted today version 1.21 to Apple which will sort this issue out.
DarkHelmet Wrote:The music section is now working for me. Thanks. However after I chose an artist I get a list of all the songs by that artist. Could you make another node, that after choosing an artist, I'd get a list of the albums by that artist? Same in music videos.

Hi DarkHelmet,

I've added your request to my current task list (task 23 to be precise Shocked)
I'll squeeze everything I can into the next release.
thanks for all those updates, one of the best remote app for xbmc I've tried (and I've tried them all (almostSmile ))

Can't wait for those 22 new features Smile
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

I'm using the windows version of xbmc. The full screen button makes xbmc toggle between full screen or windowed (the application itself). Is it supposed to do that? I was expecting a toggle between xbmc's full screen (visualization, full screen video) and the menus of xbmc.
Wink 
DarkHelmet Wrote:I'm using the windows version of xbmc. The full screen button makes xbmc toggle between full screen or windowed (the application itself). Is it supposed to do that? I was expecting a toggle between xbmc's full screen (visualization, full screen video) and the menus of xbmc.

I must have misinterpreted what you ment back in your March post about going into full screen and back. I will look into this ..... number 24 Wink
DarkHelmet Wrote:The music section is now working for me. Thanks. However after I chose an artist I get a list of all the songs by that artist. Could you make another node, that after choosing an artist, I'd get a list of the albums by that artist? Same in music videos.
Hi DarkHelmet,

I've completed this request for the standard music section.

I am looking into the Music Video side of things. Music Videos are not sorted the same as CD music in the XBMC database, hence I only treated them by the music video name. Having said that, the album names are accessible so its just a question of preference. I have noted cases in my test database where a music video will have a name but the album name will be blank. In those cases if I only took into account albums then some music videos would not be shown unless I create a fake album title for music videos without names eg. "Unsorted Lady Gaga Music Album" or "Lady Gaga Misc"
Hi,

How do i enable Zeroconf? I can't seem to connect to XBMC.

thanks
johnmerrick Wrote:Hi,
How do i enable Zeroconf? I can't seem to connect to XBMC.
If you're using OSX or ATV XBMC you will find it under "Configure the system"->"Network Settings"->"Services" (Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf).

If I'm not mistaken its not available on PC XBMC. In which case you need to just add the host manually on SoulMote. You can do this by selecting "Manually Add" after clicking "Discover Hosts". In this section you need to just give the host a name (used just for reference) eg. "Livingroom" username and password don't need to be filled in, unless you have set a username and password on XBMC. Most important is the Host/IP and Port. If you're using a PC you can go to the command line (by running "CMD" from your start menu), and then type "ipconfig" amongst the information you should see your pc's ip and the port should be whatever is showing on XBMC "Configure the system"->"Network Settings"->"Services". Default is usually 8080. In the same section on XBMC just ensure that "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" is on.

One issue I've seen somebody have with their iPhone is that their iPhone was not correctly joining their wifi network, which gave them an invalid ip address. The resolution for this user was to reboot their router.

A very quick easy test to check if your xbmc is accessible for SoulMote, is to use Safari on your iPhone and punch in

<YOUR XBMC IP ADDRESS>:<YOUR XBMC PORT>

eg. 192.168.0.10:8080

If you get an invalid page, then something is wrong and SoulMote will also not be able to connect. If that occurs then try doing the same thing from a browser on the machine running XBMC. If you still get an invalid page, try changing the port number.

Hope this helps. Let me know whether you get it working or not.
dibsta Wrote:Nice to see you've added movie sets only one problem it does not work

Hi dibsta,

Version 1.21 has been released with the fix for movie sets. Let me know if everything now works as expected.
Hi dwagner

Just installed seems to be working spot on.
Thanks for the update

Cheers Dibsta
dwagner Wrote:If you're using OSX or ATV XBMC you will find it under "Configure the system"->"Network Settings"->"Services" (Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf).

If I'm not mistaken its not available on PC XBMC. In which case you need to just add the host manually on SoulMote. You can do this by selecting "Manually Add" after clicking "Discover Hosts". In this section you need to just give the host a name (used just for reference) eg. "Livingroom" username and password don't need to be filled in, unless you have set a username and password on XBMC. Most important is the Host/IP and Port. If you're using a PC you can go to the command line (by running "CMD" from your start menu), and then type "ipconfig" amongst the information you should see your pc's ip and the port should be whatever is showing on XBMC "Configure the system"->"Network Settings"->"Services". Default is usually 8080. In the same section on XBMC just ensure that "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" is on.

One issue I've seen somebody have with their iPhone is that their iPhone was not correctly joining their wifi network, which gave them an invalid ip address. The resolution for this user was to reboot their router.

A very quick easy test to check if your xbmc is accessible for SoulMote, is to use Safari on your iPhone and punch in

<YOUR XBMC IP ADDRESS>:<YOUR XBMC PORT>

eg. 192.168.0.10:8080

If you get an invalid page, then something is wrong and SoulMote will also not be able to connect. If that occurs then try doing the same thing from a browser on the machine running XBMC. If you still get an invalid page, try changing the port number.

Hope this helps. Let me know whether you get it working or not.

thanks. will try this a later i'm on win7 x64. sorry i should have said.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1