• 9(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
mathibas Wrote:Wow, I am planning to buy a harmony remote until I end up searching ipad here in the forum and see this thing. I will try it when I get home. Also would like to know how much is the paid version of this thing? Thanks!
The paid version is $2.99.
There are a few ways to upgrade within the app. The quickest way is just to click on the YouTube button and that will automatically give you the upgrade option as YouTube functionality is only in the full version.

Also SoulMote 2.01 is released today, I highly recommend upgrading as there were some issues in 2.00 that some users experienced.
m0v1em4n Wrote:seem that the cover are for paid version only, In the paid version will i be able to use my custom covers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and where would the fanart be

Thumbnails/covers should be visible in the free version as well. Let me look into your issue and I'll come back to you.

Fanart is visible in the full version. You can see the option for this for example in the movie bookshelf view. At the top right there is a gear button that opens up a "Search, Sort and Style menu" click the Style menu and then choose Fan Art for the Detail View.
m0v1em4n Wrote:I seem to be having some problems, all was set-up as described and soul mote connect to XBMC as it should, event server is set to on

I get no cover art only a the clear case with a disc in the middle, Was hope to be able to use my custom covers, which are .png stored in xbmc as .tbn
Sorry missed this post earlier. Let me double check this and come back to you.

For a test you can try and see if you get images using the deprecated HTTP API. To do that all you need to do is go to the settings in your iPad (note this is not the settings within the SoulMote App). You should see a SoulMote settings options amongst all the other app settings. In there you will see an option for Override JSON API. Ideally this should not be used unless you have problems, but you can do it to test the thumbnails, and if it works its at least a temporary work around. Once the thumbnails are loaded they are cached so you could go back to the JSON API.

m0v1em4n Wrote:One last thing, the constellation remote I am using at the moment supports Cinema Experience by way of a long press on the movie play button, do you have any plans to support CE
Thanks for pointing this out to me. One thing I enjoy about SoulMote is I myself get to discover new things from SoulMote users. It started out being just a remote to run my home Media Center, and now it growing thanks to user suggestions. I've added "Cinema Experience" to my list for the next version of SoulMote. It seems like it will be easy to implement addition, and I can also make it a long press option.
Santa's back early this holiday season, but this time its to patch the chimney.

SoulMote 2.01 is out, if you upgraded to version 2.00 its a must. Here is a list of changes:

Fixes
+ Fixed crash when trying to play all or shuffle all music for an album
+ Fixed crash that could occur when changing hosts
+ Fixed crash caused when trying to connect to a json socket before it is disconnected
+ Fixed use event server not set to on by default for newly added hosts
+ Fixed JSON notifications being used even though http api is selected
+ Fixed pictures controls not showing when using JSON API.
+ Added workaround to execute plugins on XBMC 10.1 when event server is activated. Please note HTTP API is used for this so you must have "Allow with JSON" set to on in the device settings menu (this is on by default)
+ Fixed when a file that is already playing is clicked again, it goes directly to the now playing screen, but previously a popup was incorrectly shown asking whether to play or resume.

Features for bug reporting
+ Enabled ability to allow auto submission for crash reports
+ Enabled feedback for crash reports
+ Added option in Settings to allow you to tag your email to the crash report. This will assist us in the event that we may need to communicate with you regarding how the crash occurred. Alternatively you may leave this blank and submit crash reports anonymously.

As always if you have any problems, either send an email from SoulMote or put in a post on this forum.
m0v1em4n Wrote:when I select a movie the play button does nothing, but I am able to play via the source
Ok, I found this issue. It actually has to do with network file paths and is specific to version 2.00 and 2.01 of SoulMote when used with JSON in the nightly builds. Basically one of the Apple functions I was using was incorrectly cutting out one of the networks forward slashes. So I've written my own version of this function and this is now fixed. I expect to submit this fix to Apple by this weekend.

Please note: As a temporary work around, you can use the HTTP API in the meantime. To do this, you need to go to your devices settings (not the setting inside SoulMote), in the settings you will see the SoulMote app, select that and then switch on "Override JSON API". If you do use this then don't forget to switch it off on the next update.

I will look into your other issues and come back to you.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Dwagner
m0v1em4n Wrote:I get no cover art only a the clear case with a disc in the middle, Was hope to be able to use my custom covers, which are .png stored in xbmc as .tbn
I've double checked on a windows xbmc machine and everything is showing up as expected, including your custom cover. If you're still having problems in the next update let me know and we can try and figure out what's happening differently on your system.

I've also added Cinema Experience in the upcoming build via a press and hold on play (long press) as you requested.
SoulMote 2.05 released with more fixes.

2.10 is already in production and will be ready early in the new year.

Here is the change list for 2.05:

Fixes:
+ Users of XBMC nightly builds on Windows 7 will now be able to play media using the JSON API
+ Fixed crash that occurred when trying to list media and no media existed
+ Added failsafe for users of an old nightly build that was missing some JSON API functionality. If this happens SoulMote will revert to HTTP API. We recommend you update to a December XBMC build.
+ Fixed possible crash bug in HTTP API in XBMC 10.1 when viewing movies
+ Fixed possible crash bug where HTTP API was trying to connect while a connection was already in process
+ Fixed possible crash bug which could occur if a user press a play button multiple times
+ Fixed possible crash bug caused when event client did not finish communicating on exiting the app

New Cinema Experience Feature:
If you have the Cinema Experience script installed, you can now launch a movie in the Cinema Experience by holding down the play button for over 1 second.
I'm having a real issue with Soulmote. Within the past few months, it has major issues displaying the movies on the XBMC server. I'm running XMBC on an ATV2 and Soulmote on a iP4.

Sometimes it comes up with the movies - most of the time it doesn't. The ATV2 sees the connection (eden has a toast alert saying it's connected to the phone) but I just get an eternal "LOADING" displayed on Soulmote. Sometimes when I clear the cache it works for a while.

Any thoughts?
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
ironmanco Wrote:Sometimes it comes up with the movies - most of the time it doesn't. The ATV2 sees the connection (eden has a toast alert saying it's connected to the phone) but I just get an eternal "LOADING" displayed on Soulmote. Sometimes when I clear the cache it works for a while.
Any thoughts?

I've only seen this issue with users using the HTTP API system who have a big library, which causes a timeout. However in Eden you should be using JSON which should not have this issue. The new version of SoulMote (version 2.10) released today, has been changed to allow more time for users with big libraries who are using the HTTP API. If it does timeout in the new version, it will give a message and not just stay stay stuck on loading. So what I would suggest is that you upgrade to the new version. Then go to your devices setting and select SoulMote, then enable "Override JSON API". Then try again. If that works 100% when override is on, and not work when override is off, then we will see what we can do with your help to fix the problem.

Also feel free to contact me directly if you are having further issues. You can send a support email through SoulMote under the support section (this will also give me info on your XBMC version). Alternative you can also email from the support page on the soulmote web site www.soulmote.com
Thumbs Up 
SoulMote 2.20 was released today. Previous to this version, the cache was only used for offline viewing, now changes to the cache have been made to allow faster loading of media data.

Here is what you can find in the new version:
+ Improved loading performance for media info.
+ New Super Cache improves loading of movies, music and TV show lists by up to 80% (after the first initial load)
+ Moving the media position slider will now show you the time to which you will jump to
+ Users with XBMC Eden who use SoulMote without overriding JSON API will have a higher degree of precision when moving the media position slider.
+ Fixed YouTube issue where second YouTube selection would not play on media center.
+ YouTube video now shows correct thumbnail in NowPlaying view when using XBMC Eden and JSON API.
+ Fixed orientation issue when remote, now playing or support views are started in landscape orientation.
+ Fixed orientation issues which would occur when coming back to a view after having changed the devices orientation.
+ Fixed possible crash bug in cache system.
+ Fixed issue where some users libraries would show as empty in SoulMote when using HTTP API.
+ Fixed incorrect display of 2 disconnected icons in dash.
+ Added disconnected icon display in settings.
+ Added message alert when JSON TCP connection is refused by XBMC.
+ Disabling announce connection in settings now also works for Event Server communication
+ Simplified HTTP API option on device settings

Known Issue:
When using XBMC Eden with SoulMote (JSON), skipping past 60 minutes in a media will not work with the time slider. This is due to an error which incorrectly calculates 1 hour as 60 hours. This issue is fixed in the upcoming version 2.21. Note: If you require this feature, you can enabled "Override JSON API" in your devices setting until version 2.21 is released.
Thumbs Up 
SoulMote Version 2.24 released
+ Fixed fanart not showing up when using JSON with XBMC Eden.
+ Fixed crash bug that could occur when suspending and then resuming SoulMote
+ Fixed YouTube searches not working with international languages such as Hebrew

2.21 changes
+ Fixed time slider not working when trying to move the thumb past the 60 minutes mark
+ Fixed resume functionality was not working when "Override for Sources" was enabled in the devices Settings for SoulMote (enabled by default)
SoulMote 2.50 is now available for download with SHOUTCast™ support

The SHOUTcast Radio Directory features over 49,000 professional and community programmed radio stations from around the globe. SHOUTcast offers tremendous depth and breadth of stations with genres ranging from Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Electronica, Bollywood, Latin to Zouk across a broad set of languages including French, German, Swahili and Portuguese.

Other changes:
+ SHOUTCast radio stations can be played on XBMC or on your device (even with SoulMote in the background). AirPlay is also supported.
+ If a movie set only contains 1 movie then the single movie is shown in the movies list instead of the movie set box
+ YouTube now shows length of video
+ TV Shows now correctly use sort title. If no sort title is specified "A" and "The" are ignored in the sort.
+ YouTube videos can now be added to the playlist if a video is already playing (supported when using JSON in XBMC 11 and above)
+ Fixes for users using MySQL and HTTP API
+ Fixed issue where landscape images would be shown behind the movie box in the movie view
+ Fixed memory leak which caused media views to remain in memory. The leak also caused TV Tunes to continue to play when going back to the dashboard.
+ Fixed crash bug that occurred when using the Search functionality and then pressing to go back to dashboard
+ Other crash bug fixes
hi, new to soulmote and it looks pretty cool !

Currently using the free edition and most functions seem to work (i can control using the "remote" buttons -- and i can see my "sources" and kick-off stuff...)

However ..

1) when i select either "Music" i see only an empty screen .. no albums.. no artists .. no geres .. no playlists
Is there some link/relation i have to make to see info here ? Or maybe this is due to the "free" edition ?

2) same for Movies

3) "Pictures" does a little more and shows me a folder where my pictures reside ... but it now shows some auto view

4) when i select the "dashboard" button it takes me most of the times out of the program and sometimes to the dashboard with these 12 icons

5) Sources gives me folders ... i can start something .. and than it says nothing playing .. and i am lost ... ? also but no ID TAGS when playing something...

6) if i start a picture trough Sources i cannot go to the next picture ?

Is there some things i have to configure ? Or name propertly on XBMC ? Or maybe its all due to free edition ?

thanks

reg koen

I have soulmote 2.5 / ipad 2 / xbmc eden on windows
(2012-05-02, 11:27)kdwykleingeld Wrote: 1) when i select either "Music" i see only an empty screen .. no albums.. no artists .. no geres .. no playlists
Is there some link/relation i have to make to see info here ? Or maybe this is due to the "free" edition ?
The free edition should still display this information. Please do the following test:
In Safari on your iPad type http://IP_OF_YOUR_XBMC:PORT
PORT is by default 8080, and can be found in your XBMC System->Settings->Network.
So for example you would type http://192.168.0.1:8080
This should bring up the XBMC Web page. When this is visible click on Music and then Movies and see if you can see any media.

(2012-05-02, 11:27)kdwykleingeld Wrote: 5) Sources gives me folders ... i can start something .. and than it says nothing playing .. and i am lost ... ? also but no ID TAGS when playing something...
The next version will fix an issue with id tags for media that is playing but was not scanned into the XBMC database. This is only when using JSON API. When you say you can start something, do you mean that it physically starts on XBMC but shows as nothing playing on SoulMote or does it also not start on XBMC. If it does start on XBMC but is not showing as playing in SoulMote please test to see if this is the same with the HTTP API (see comment at the very bottom of this post)

(2012-05-02, 11:27)kdwykleingeld Wrote: 6) if i start a picture trough Sources i cannot go to the next picture ?
If you click on a single picture, it is currently the only picture shown. This is something I will most likely change, but in the meantime what you can do is instead of clicking on the picture. Click on the "folder" icon in soulmote that contains the picture, doing this will play everything within the folder, then the next button will work.

I can assist you further once you give me the results of the web test for point number 1.
One thing you can try as well is exit SoulMote, select Settings then SoulMote. Then enable override JSON API. See if that works any differently for you. Though I do recommend to stay with JSON for Eden.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1