Show seasons and episodes not in HD
I have been using "Media Portal + My TVSeries" for a long time but now, I am trying to change to XBMC. A feature I miss a lot is the possibility of viewing in the catalog the details of EVERY episode and season of a tv show, even if it is not present on the hard drive.

Is it possible?

I've found every setting in xbmc and aeon skin configuration screens.
I don't belive that XBMC can do this by itself. The details of a video are stored in the video database and if there is no video then there is no database entry.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this though.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
rocketpants Wrote:I don't belive that XBMC can do this by itself. The details of a video are stored in the video database and if there is no video then there is no database entry.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this though.

You can accomplish this by creating dummy .nfo file for the missing shows, but no - XBMC can't do this out of the box (and I miss it too, honestly) Its possible that a third party app like Ember may be able to do it (never tried) or perhaps someone could write a fairly simple add on that would compare your library with the tvdb database, then create nfo files for any missing episodes.

Missing of course, would be a way in XMBC to detect if its a real episode or a dummy .nfo. Dummy .nfo would simply fail to play.
Just create an empty text file, rename it (ex.: Sesame.street-s01e01.avi, or something like that) and scrape it!
Of course you'll be able to see the episode's info but not play it.
The reason I like this feature is that you can view easily the episodes and seasons (aired up or when they are planned to be) you don't have in your hard drive.

It's a pitty XBMC misses this feature; I think it could be a killer one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show seasons and episodes not in HD0