XBMC PlayStation 3 Port :)
Last August, the hackers managed to crack the security system of the PlayStation 3, and today it arrived at the first Media Center: http://www.lonelycoder.com/hts/showtime_overview.html

Well not really work properly, the high-definition material tearing it but surely a big step forward, and after a bit of optimization will be very good.

But it could be even better if the media player perfect for XBMC would also ported to the PS3.

It would be possible?

SDK:http://ps3sdk.com/

[google translate]
Oh dear... another PS3 port thread! Did you do a search?! There's threads on this subject already.
liquidskin76 Wrote:Oh dear... another PS3 port thread! Did you do a search?! There's threads on this subject already.

So far there was no SDK.
Now find a developer who's willing to put a crap load of effort into this...
(unlikely and I don't blame them, not one bit)
Next time please search - it's not going to happen - there are enough XMBC ports that are in the wild now (PC/OSX/Linux/ATV2) I doubt there is need for another.

ATOM/ION kit is so cheap these days - it's a non issue..
magnetik Wrote:Next time please search - it's not going to happen - there are enough XBMC ports that are in the wild now (PC/OSX/Linux/ATV2) I doubt there is need for another.

ATOM/ION kit is so cheap these days - it's a non issue..

To move to Hungary and see how it will be after him for a cheap HTPC.
Once I bought the PS3, and it would be possible to use media player that you can not buy another PC.
And I'm not the only one who thinks this, not only in my country.
Request to merge this thread into one of the other ones - nothing new here.
cortez44 Wrote:To move to Hungary and see how it will be after him for a cheap HTPC.
Once I bought the PS3, and it would be possible to use media player that you can not buy another PC.
And I'm not the only one who thinks this, not only in my country.

PLEASE do a search. This has been hashed to death.
cortez44 Wrote:So far there was no SDK.

There has been the leaked SDK and PSL1GHT ever since the jailbreak first got released. The problem with the PS3 is that it is a completely different architecture to your modern day PC, it is essentially a 4-5 year old PC now with an incredibly difficult CPU and GPU to code for, there is no value in porting XBMC to it. The Apple TV 2 for example costs $99 and can run XBMC quite well even in it's early stages, yet a PS3 costs $250 and having hardware accelerated video decoding would be a nightmare. Porting a small media player is feasible like the showtime release, but the codebase of XBMC is huge. The dev's have said repeatedly that they are not interested in it, likewise with the Xbox 360 (which would be much easier to port it to).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PlayStation 3 Port :)0