List of Plugins that work in Canada
Star 
I've got these 'streaming plugins' working...
if anyone can add to this list please leave us a post.
Weather-Plus now has a video...
so in effect this is streaming video in Canada.

Update check (April 25 2011)

Academic Earth (still working, not all links active)
Apple Movie Trailers (still working)
CBS (Script died on this check)
Classic Cinema (working... little brown jug)
Cnet Podcasts (working)
CNN video (working)
Earth Touch (working)
EEVblog (working)
FLW Outdoors (working)
Fox News (working, 'Program' called Fox News Live, also works well)
Funny or Die (working)
Giant Bomb (working)
Jupiter Broadcasting (working)
Music Video Jukebox (working)
NascarX (working)
PBS (working, some links broken.. watched Julia Child)
PreviewNetworks Video Trailer (working)
Revision 3 (working, option to download coming)
SEC Sports (working)
South Park Studios (no longer working at this time)
Spiegel Online (working)
TBS (working tested on family guy)
Ted Talks (working)
Trailer Addict (working)
TVShow Next Aired (working)
Twit (working)
VeVo (working)
VideoMonkey (working some links error out)
Vimeo (working)
XBMC Netflicks (looks to work, but I don't subscribe)
YouTube (working)
IceFilms (working, some links broken, watched most of kitchen nightmares)
IMDb trailers (working, but the download seems broken)
Sesame Street (working)
Nickleodeon and KidsWB (starting working again to my amazement)
Top Documentary Films (working)
ESPN 3 (a few working links)
World News Live (some links working)
Canada On Demand (best bet for Canadians, with bookmarking)
Live Streaming (last add-on, comes with a few streams but encourages you to keep your own up to date links)

I note some of the adult plugins work, along with some non english shows.. but we're talking english prudish Canada here.
I'm using Win7/64 with XBMC R10.1 most of the plugins are from the installed repository or those listed in message #3
Where are you getting these plugins? The stock CBS plugin gives me nothing but errors, and there is no "The Colbert Show" plugin in the main list. Are you using an extra repo or something?
Star 
I've discovered quite a few additional streaming plugins.. I'm hoping everyone will eventually add to this list. Yes there is a whole whack of add-on repositories.. out there, most have links in this forum. I can't vouch for any of the plugins... some I've had better luck with than others, they bring a video buffet to XBMC. The one's I like best support HD and allow you to grab the info so you don't have to pay for the bandwidth twice. it looks like there are some plug-ins that work in Canada without proxies... either due to bugs, or web pages not up with current firewalls, or use alternate systems. I've tried out the latest Navi-X script...(Latest Version: 3.5.4 for XBMC http://website.navi-x.org/downloads.html) it opens up a gateway to most of the unofficial repositories, and a mother load of streaming content, and will give access to most of the U.S. sites, most of the 'Miro' sites, along with CBC, NFB and news channels. It looks like most of the BBC channels are absent.. and although this script worked for me -out-of-the-box- it's not without freeze issues. If it makes it to plug-in level.. I'll list it in message #1

Quite a few un-official repositories have come around. Seems the effort to get into the official system is heavily filtered and with most streaming plugins, there's quite a bit of maintenance and the authors end up with their own sites for one reason or another. Finally someone put a program together that lists most of this repositories, but it's in a program format you have to install.

It's called "Repositories Installer Add-on" Here's a link to the forum and download. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96822 http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....installer

Each one having multiple plugins, I'll keep adding and checking.

I would note that the plugin 'Live Streaming' only comes with a half dozen streams... (tested) but it's quite easy to add more, I've got ~20 new sites.
The Plugin 'Canada On Demand' is in constant flux as the authors struggle to keep pace with the changing streams, but for the most they work. (this is a replacement for an earlier CTV plugin, which is no longer supported). Keep encouraging Andre who is doing a great job with this one. IceFilms which offers quite a broad scope to XBMC it's hard to pass-up.
A lot of those don't work in Canada due to geoblocking.
Star 
Abe Froman Wrote:A lot of those don't work in Canada due to geoblocking.
Just double checked the plugins that work April 25th, 2011
I should note that for some plugins like 'CANADA ON DEMAND' the reverse can be true, non-Canadians find these links broken due to geoblocking.
Abe Froman Wrote:A lot of those don't work in Canada due to geoblocking.

I'm in Canada and I subscribe to a service for $4.99 a month and it bypasses the geoblocking. All I have to do is update the devices DNS settings and poof it works. I have a JBd AppleTV 2 and I was watching NBC and CBS this morning.

PM me if you want more info on the service.
Star 
curnew Wrote:I'm in Canada and I subscribe to a service for $4.99 a month and it bypasses the geoblocking.
Thanks for the info.. I'm interested in streaming sets that work out of the box without a lot of effort in XBMC

ATM: xbmc is like a video buffet, ya gotta have more time...
Star 
Just want to note there is a forum and list for plugins that don't work http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97144
curnew Wrote:I'm in Canada and I subscribe to a service for $4.99 a month and it bypasses the geoblocking. All I have to do is update the devices DNS settings and poof it works. I have a JBd AppleTV 2 and I was watching NBC and CBS this morning.

PM me if you want more info on the service.
Good day. I am interented in the service you recommend. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List of Plugins that work in Canada0