Hulu
MTV Networks
PBS
Plus 7
South Park Studios
Spike TV
TBS
TNT

Same behavior as Hulu. Selecting a video opens a window for about a second the closes. Video cannot start.

Here's the log:

http://ubuntuone.com/p/iEG/

Hope it helps.
Star 
mooreted Wrote:Hulu
MTV Networks
PBS
Plus 7
South Park Studios
Spike TV
TBS
TNT

Quite few are broken... but TBS seems to work, Hulu never did (CDN) but sadly I wasn't getting anything from PBS
Hmm, couldn't get anything from TBS. Maybe just a glitch on the couple of videos I tried.

Anyway, just my two cents. Wish I could fix it, but I don't know how.
I checked the Hulu, MTV Networks, South Park Studios, TBS, TNT and they all started using a new handshake for rtmp. librtmp doesn't currently support it. The plug-ins are playing the correct link but can't negotiate the connection to the server. I will start marking them broken tomorrow till librtmp supports the new handshake.

Spike TV scraping is broken and haven't got to it.

the PBS is working fine on my end. NOVA for the win.
Yeah NOVA is cool. Thanks for taking a look and thanks for all your work.

I'll retry PBS and others. Maybe I just had a hiccup. I went through them twice though.
Ah damn, that's too bad. I just discovered all these really great plugins and now they're crippled. Oh well, thanks to the creators for their hard work.
Possibly encouraging with a bit strange answer on the licensing side. I wrote Hulu and griped about crippling xbmc and boxee and actually got a reply. I left out the name on purpose:

"Hi Ted,

Thanks for writing in with your interest in Hulu on Boxee. Because of the intention for use of Boxee and XBMC specifically with a TV set, it qualifies as a television device and therefore a different set of streaming rights and contract restrictions. While we have no announced plans at this time, we get a lot of requests for Boxee support, so it's definitely on our radar. Specifically, we'd love to add it as a supported device for Hulu Plus, so keep an eye out for that.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy viewing!"
eQUIV Wrote:Ah damn, that's too bad. I just discovered all these really great plugins and now they're crippled. Oh well, thanks to the creators for their hard work.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I just found out about all of this awesome add ons and they are at least temp broken. Look forward to anything else that comes out though!
Star 
mooreted Wrote:YI'll retry PBS and others. Maybe I just had a hiccup. I went through them twice though.
Have a look at this thread...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97144 this plugin offers an easy way for you to put up your own streams as you discover them... with a good starter list of a dozen streams to start you off. It looks like most streaming sites don't like you using 3rd party software or plugins to avoid their home page with advertisements that pay.. so they're constantly shuffling around their set-up.
BlueCop Wrote:I checked the Hulu, MTV Networks, South Park Studios, TBS, TNT and they all started using a new handshake for rtmp. librtmp doesn't currently support it. The plug-ins are playing the correct link but can't negotiate the connection to the server. I will start marking them broken tomorrow till librtmp supports the new handshake.

Is this move toward new handshakes within rtmp due to providing better content delivery/reliability? Also, is librtmp being actively developed? (i.e. devs looking at the new formats or being aware of the new formats being deployed by the networks)

I do love and appreciate the plugins/updates you have been providing us. Great job!
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmp...01328.html
may help with this - however some servers may still require a newer client and fail anyway.
Just grabbed revision 563 from svn, compiled and installed on my XBMC box at home. Will check it when I get off work and see if I can watch Hulu.
I dont think it will help with hulu afaik.

[edit]
aah i see the version string was changed again in 563 from 562, so worth a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just a List of Non-Working Addons0