Cannot play mms
Question 
I am using xbmc 10.0 on Windows 7 x64. xbmc is working flawlessly. However I couldn't find a way to open mms streams. Wiki states that I should create .strm file and put the address of stream. My mms url is mms://85.111.3.55/ntv When I try to open this with windows media player it works. I created a ntv.strm file and try to open this file. However I don't have My Videos section in XBMC. I have also tried to copy this file to my library and when I scan for new content that file didn't show up. I have tried to add the address of mms by going to Videos/Add Source but it said directory is invalid. Could you help me to watch this stream with XBMC? Thanks.
It's likely you have windows explorer set to "hide known file extensions". If that's the case your .strm is actually .strm.txt.

You can use the file manager in xbmc to check and rename it.
No. my filename is ntv.strm there is no txt extension. I double checked it. I have created another folder and put this file inside now it works. I can see the file but when I click this time it says working... but no video is shown.
Actually this is Windows media center addon. http://mediacenter.ntvmsnbc.com/NtvMedia...fault.mcml Channel I want to watch is NTV. It could to be cool to turn into a plugin but unfortunately I dont know where to start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play mms0