The world’s first multi-tuner PC card for digital cable
This internal PCI express card made by Cetoncorp can record 4 channels of cable programming at one time including premium channels. It is currently only available for Windows. Any interest in getting this to work in XBMC?
Take a look.
http://www.cetoncorp.com/buy.php

The world’s first multi-tuner PC card for digital cable

The Ceton InfiniTV 4 is the world's first multi-tuner PC card for watching digital cable TV on the PC, including support for premium cable channels. It enables Media Center PCs to play or record up to four live channels of HDTV at once, and stream live HD channels or recordings to multiple HDTVs throughout the home, all from a single cable connection and a single CableCARD™.

Replace your cable set-top boxes and their costly monthly rental fees and enjoy premium cable TV throughout the home, all from a single PC. With the Ceton InfiniTV 4 your Media Center PC becomes a complete entertainment platform for all your media, including premium cable TV.
Four Live HD Channels At Once

Watch and/or record four live channels of standard-definition or high-definition TV simultaneously, including all your favorite premium and encrypted cable channels. * Four, dual ATSC/QAM 64/256 tuners
* CableCARD M-Card DRM Processor
* Open Cable Unidirectional Receiver Specification - OC-SP-OCUR-I08-081114
* Digital Receiver Interface Specification - OC-SP-DRI-I03-090206
* CableCARD Copy Protection 2.0 Specification - OC-SP-CCCP2.0-I10-090904
* CableCARD Interface 2.0 Specification - OC-SP-CCIF2.0-I20-091211
* Digital Cable Network Interface Standard - ANSI/SCTE 40 2004

Requirements

* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, or Windows 7 Ultimate
* 2.0 GHz or faster CPU minimum, either 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) – 2.7 GHz or faster dual-core CPU is recommended
* 2 GB of RAM minimum – 3 GB or more is recommended
* 1 PCIe slot, which can be either an x1, x4, x8, or x16 type slot
* HDCP compliant on-board graphics or graphics card
* HDMI out, or DVI out with separate audio out
* Multi-Stream CableCARD™ (M-Card) – available from your local cable provider
* Digital cable subscription from a U.S. cable provider
As far as i can tell, it's not up to XBMC. It's up to the backend of which you choose to use with it. And i cannot see why it wouldn't work now with something like TV Server/XBMC (with the TS-Reader plugin) ?
As i said in the other thread, I highly doubt this will work with anything but WMC.
Nothing to see here....
I want to avoid using Windows as the ceton product would work nicely in a live version of XBMC. Not to mention the additional licensing expense.
My understanding of the decoding it takes place on the add on card completely independent of Windows or the O.S.
The card will work in linux but of course we need to develop the drivers to run it. Tivo is linux based they are using the same standards required to interface the decoder card provided by the cable operator.
There's a whole bunch of drm requirements to use a cable card in order to respect the cable co's "copy once" restrictions. This will not happen in anything other than windows, and probably only on wmc. There is quite a lot of discussion going on in the http://www.silicondust.com forums about this as they're about to release a network cable card device which is basically the same thing but delivers to ethernet. The general feeling is it could be made to work with linux but premium channels will never work due to drm.

If you have a Motorola cable box, the chances are high that you can "persaude" it to change channels and send a TS stream via firewire, that's quite usable in Myth or VDR and therefore in xbmc.. (If you need pointers, let me know?). This will give you everything that you'd get with the Ceton while you wait. Minus the premium channels. I then use a Hauppauge HDPVR for those.
This as nothing to do with XBMC. Drivers for those cards are developed by LinuxTV guys. Try their mailing list. A lot of cards that 'only' work on Windows (due to firmware only being available for Windows, for instance) now work on Linux because of those guys work and dedication.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
How about this that will soon be out?

http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun/prime/

One model use 1 cable card with 3 tuners and one model use 2 cable card with 6 tuners so how many tuners do you need and the cost is less than the internal Cetoncorp Card for the 1 cable card model around $249.00. :-)
http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/linux.php
I have been looking at tiny XP for WMC, well I have been seraching the net. If I could run Centon/HDhomeRun on a Minmal install of XP with WMC, then I may do that until something else comes along. I do have Dish and with a slingbox I could stream Live TV as well as movies. I currently use Chrome with launcher to view movies/TV shows (recorded) from Dish and hoping that Netflix will soon work with Google Chrome.

But LiveTV (local/CNN/Cnet/etc.) which I can not get unless I get the slingbox or change to cable and use the HDHomeRun (I beleive some functions of HDhomeRun are already integrated into XBMC). For the slingbox I do not know if I would need WMC, but for the cable cards I do need WMC. I don't know if TinyXP supports WMC and these new multituner PCI cards, but from my searches there is also a Tiny7 (WIN7) whcih may support WMC and the cable cards.

The FCC should open its eyes and see that MS/Sony and the cable/Movie companies are stifling growth and free enterprise which is hindering economic growth in certain sectors of business. For Christ sake it is a monopoly.
There's a lot of discussion about this card on the MythTV mailing list, as well as the HDHomerun. It looks like it will work for non DRM'd channels (Ie, copy freely), which, with Comcast at least, means anything other than premium channels. However, it's not really an XBMC issue, as if your backend can display it, XBMC will.

If you're a cable subscriber in the US already, you'll get the same channels you get now through the firewire connection from a Motorola cable box, but on multiple tuners.

On WMC, you'll get everything you subsribe to. The general opinion seems to be, use one of these for most channels and a Hauppauge PVR-HD for the ones that don't work with the Ceton/Prime..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The world’s first multi-tuner PC card for digital cable0