Won't come out of standby with the remote
I have a generic windows media center remote and for the life of me I can't get it to come out of standby. Is there some trick I need to do in bios or something?
While in standby, does your motherboard supply standby power to the USB ports? That can vary by motherboard, some require you to set a jumper, others it's in the bios and others just flat out won't do it.

If standby power is NOT supplied to the USB ports, the USB devices like your remote's reciever will not operate at all and they can't send a wakeup signal.

A good test would be to see if you can even wake the machine from standby by hitting key on the keyboard or clicking the mouse, those should also wake it up under normal circumstances.
Yes, I can wake it from usb if I plug in my usb keyboard. this might ber the remote, singe the power button sends alt-f4 and there is also a standby button. I was using the standby button for power. Any way to get the button sending alt-f4 to kick the system into standby or hibernate or something?
Solved it.

If you have one of those shuttle x-35s, you have to disable the setting above the remote power-on option in the bios to get it to come out of standby.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Won't come out of standby with the remote0